Good Morning from Kentucky

Hello folks, I'm a retired old fart that loves the outdoors and burning powder! I became aware of Hammer products after being invited to go on an elk hunt next year in Wyoming. I was away from hunting and reloading for 20 years due to various events and I am intent on preparing myself for this opportunity if we get drawn. I've found out just how much I've missed reloading and developing my skills though they disappointingly rusty. That only adds to the challenge and enjoyment. I built a room just for reloading for my 270 Win and 270 Weatherby Mag. Anymore if you are trying to find me that is the most likely spot if I'm not at the range. After being away for 20 years I've found out just how much more has been added to the sport and I have a great deal to learn while shaking off the rust at the same time. I use to produce cloverleafs quite often at 100 yards but right now that has become a goal for the future. LOL Anyway I'm quite intrigued by these Hammer bullets and plan on developing a load for both rifles that I feel confident taking out west and shooting with the great American hunters and sportsmen who live out there. Beanfield shooting in Kentucky probably doesn't prepare one for canyon winds out west! Oh and please ignore me if I ask some elementary (stupid) questions as I'm sure I am pretty far behind the times. Fire in the hole!

Welcome and sounds you are really blessed!

As far as modern reloading, I'm still relying on 20+ year old equipment and the single stage press is still king!
Some techniques picked up the more recent years has been use of mandrels for neck tension consistency and annealing brass for the same goal.
There are some nuances to loading hammer bullets, but nothing that isn't proven easy with familiarity. Muddy will be along shortly to blast you with the Hammer commandments! :cool:

Rex - Welcome from windy Idaho. If your coming West, you will want that 270 Weatherby Mag dialed in! I used to hunt with one. You will find this a fun and educational place to hang out.

Rex - Welcome from windy Idaho. If your coming West, you will want that 270 Weatherby Mag dialed in! I used to hunt with one. You will find this a fun and educational place to hang out.
My graduation gift from my parents was a plane ticket to Boise where I spent two of the greatest weeks in my life trout fishing up in the pan handle. I have never forgotten Mirror Lake! No competition best day of fishing in my life! Actually wore a brown gnat down to the bare hook and was still catching fish!

Welcome from Central Florida, as stated above, speed kills.

Have Muddyboots post a picture here of the Incarnation that he calls Thor's Hammer 😱 and you'll understand why I refer to it as the "Skinny Ugly" or Thor's Thingy.

Got to respect a man that builds an entire room to reload in. I'm relegated to part of a shed out back.

💥🚀🔨☠️

Welcome from Central Florida, as stated above, speed kills.

Have Muddyboots post a picture here of the Incarnation that he calls Thor's Hammer 😱 and you'll understand why I refer to it as the "Skinny Ugly" or Thor's Thingy.

Got to respect a man that builds an entire room to reload in. I'm relegated to part of a shed out back.

💥🚀🔨☠️
It's a small room. LOL But I love being there.

Welcome from NW Arkansas! Just left Kentucky this morning from a work trip there

Back