Hammer time in Georgia

joe16

Hammer Time Executive member
This here is for George. the load data for the corn buck (feeder) was as follows, it was shot with a 30-06 using the 103 power hammer crimped in the top Groove probably one half if I know me on top of 63 grains of IMR 4895 for velocity across the chronograph 3652. it also harvested two pigs, sorry no pictures I wasn't there. the first had a death dash of 32 ft. And the next was dead on the spot, headshot.

Yesterday morning using my 358 win with the 140s I shot a meat doe at approximately 130 yds quartering to me. The shot was on the point of the left shoulder and penetrated and exited in front of the right ham. sorry no autopsies or pictures of, the processor doesn't allow anybody in there.

20231024_073407.jpg

This morning while watching the exact same spot at first light I was greeted by two animals stealing my corn at the Crossing on the road, Buck fever set in and before they lit out, I shot the biggest one and a ground check resulted in this. They clear cut our lease 2 years ago and last year I laid eyes on only six animals, this year I wasn't going home empty-handed.

20231025_073212.jpg20231025_075137.jpg

He was shot with my 300 H&H with the 124 at approximately 3750. The shot was in the center of the brisket in a reverse Texas heart shot 😱 (tried to gut that sucker) bullet did not exit☹️ a reward of $10 was posted at the processors for said Shank😯

GL, I KNOWπŸ‘ X2

There's a Big nine point running around that I'm going to wait on now that the freezer is taken care ofπŸ‘

πŸ’₯πŸš€πŸ”¨β˜ οΈ

Joe, I took a small buck to a processor north of you Monday night. He was slow, so he didn’t mind if I hung around and looked for bullet fragments.
He found one in the shoulder near entry. We didn’t find anything else. Shoulder was such a mess, he said I could take it home and look if I wanted because the β€œbullet is in there.”
I politely declined, because I knew darn well that the shank was in the pauch!
Will be cleaning and processing ourselves this weekend with a stanch SST shooter. Can hardly wait to show off hammers to him. And hopefully find a shank!

Bang flop number 3πŸ‘

The 140 in the 358 Win proved deadly AGAIN. Approximately 16-18 inches of penetration to the exit in the off shoulder. No huge exit wound but there was a definite slosh when rolled over. Blowback and overpressure was very apparent at impact site.

Sorry no postmortem cut up, not with thumbs that just went through surgery and slated for more ☹️

I've got six more days left at camp and zero Buck tagsπŸ₯΄ Fortunately there's a few in Camp that wouldn't mind a doe on the ground.

We've had these hog panels wrapped around our feeders for three seasons now and after the harvesting of all the trees this is honestly the first animal in three seasons that I've seen jump in that fence. Unfortunately for him, he didn't make it out!!!

πŸ’₯πŸš€πŸ”¨β˜ οΈ

20231107_073946.jpg20231107_070521.jpg

This should be the last little deer picture that I post this yearπŸ™„

Joe

After sitting in bushes and boredom set in, I rechecked impact velocity $$$$$ and was way offπŸ₯΄ the doe from last week that impact velocity was more like 2,500 ft per second and the most recent buck, that impact velocity was closer to 2650. these things slow down pretty fast but they hit pretty hard.

I started this write up yesterday morning at approximately 7:15 the dollar signs represent a long pause of approximately 25 hours. I was interrupted by a doe at 230 yards and the 137 had to eat. I must apologize my friends for the delay of posting this velocity correction πŸ™„

Like I said earlier I was in the middle of pos ting the corrections for the previous deer and looked up and there was five of them in the road. Once I located the largest Doe. This took a few minutes because they were Milling around and I had to wait for a clear shot. I shot her with my 300 Rum using the 137s MV in the range of 3950 and at 230 yards impact velocity was probably (to refrain from giving bad information) I'm going to say just really really fast🀭 A little under 3200

She was hit halfway back in the right rib cage and exited just behind the off shoulder. With four deer being shot by hammers this year and four deer all being bang flops!!! I am more than satisfied with this year's rifle choices.

The 30 calibers performed perfectly. What I was really happy about was the little 358 win and the 140s. That sucker showed serious back pressure at the impact wound and the deer seem like they just got hit harder.

20231110_071742.jpg20231110_072245.jpg

The next picture is just the ones that I seem to like the most. It shows me, I don't know what it shows me. I just love this particular shot.

20231110_072649.jpg

I do see a lightweight 35 Whelen shooting the 178s in my future.

πŸ’₯πŸš€πŸ”¨β˜ οΈ

After sitting in bushes and boredom set in, I rechecked impact velocity $$$$$ and was way offπŸ₯΄ the doe from last week that impact velocity was more like 2,500 ft per second and the most recent buck, that impact velocity was closer to 2650. these things slow down pretty fast but they hit pretty hard.

I started this write up yesterday morning at approximately 7:15 the dollar signs represent a long pause of approximately 25 hours. I was interrupted by a doe at 230 yards and the 137 had to eat. I must apologize my friends for the delay of posting this velocity correction πŸ™„

Like I said earlier I was in the middle of pos ting the corrections for the previous deer and looked up and there was five of them in the road. Once I located the largest Doe. This took a few minutes because they were Milling around and I had to wait for a clear shot. I shot her with my 300 Rum using the 137s MV in the range of 3950 and at 230 yards impact velocity was probably (to refrain from giving bad information) I'm going to say just really really fast🀭 A little under 3200

She was hit halfway back in the right rib cage and exited just behind the off shoulder. With four deer being shot by hammers this year and four deer all being bang flops!!! I am more than satisfied with this year's rifle choices.

The 30 calibers performed perfectly. What I was really happy about was the little 358 win and the 140s. That sucker showed serious back pressure at the impact wound and the deer seem like they just got hit harder.

View attachment 3913View attachment 3914

The next picture is just the ones that I seem to like the most. It shows me, I don't know what it shows me. I just love this particular shot.

View attachment 3915

I do see a lightweight 35 Whelen shooting the 178s in my future.

πŸ’₯πŸš€πŸ”¨β˜ οΈ
Flip flops, pop tops and bang flops!

Nobody's paying the Blunder from Down Under 😯 any attention

Fellas, Hammers have been embraced πŸ€—

Most would agree, a 358 Winchester shooting 3k is pretty snappyπŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

πŸ’₯πŸš€πŸ”¨β˜ οΈ

Back