Having Issues With Your Tikka Magazines?

gltaylor

Staff member
Hi all,
Just watched this You Tube video on common magazine issues. Since several of us shoot Tikka actions, thought this might be of interest. One of you smart guys can post a direct link, please.
Very informational. Title is as stated above.
It was put out by Mountain Tactical.

Excellent video. All of their points were addressed by Bell & Carlson, and that is why I really like that replacement stock for my Tikka. I also got rid of the not so good plastic floor plate and bought an aluminum CNC machined plate. These two changes really tightened up my groups. The B & C stock is so much nicer than the one from the factory or the Boyd stock I started with.

I tried one of their "new" model magazines (ones that are supposed to cycle rounds reliably) last spring in order to slightly increase my COL. It wouldn't cycle rounds at all. Jeff immediately assigned blame to my rifle, yet my Tikka magazine has never failed to cycle perfectly. I sent it back, asking for a refund, and instead he sent me the magazine back, saying that the spring had been installed backwards and that now it cycles perfectly. It cycled about 50% for me, so I finally got a refund. I'm not trying to trash talk them, just giving my experience with their magazines. Even in the video he alludes to the number of calls they get for failing to cycle, and blames it on operator error.

Good tips.
I have their bottom and magazines for my Tikka. About 100 rounds through it so far with no issues.
Like les, I have a B&C stock for mine as well. While I can only compare it to a factory wood stock I have for another build, it is indeed nice. That said, I had to trim a teeny tiny bit to get the bottom metal to fit flush. Not a huge deal, but it still had to be done.
Looking forward to hunting with it in three weeks with the 120HH!
Happy with the rifle, but the barrel maker really REALLY chapped my posterior today on another order, so I no longer like the barrel. 🤨

Outstanding video with great info. I’ve spoken to the guys at MT several times and they are always willing to help and lend great info. The one thing I’ll caution anyone on is that the MT magazines do not work with Peterson 300 WM Long brass. MT machines in a ridge to their mags that is set for SAMI specs and the extended shoulder of the Peterson Long brass just won’t work. It’s a real shame because I really love the MT magazines.

Back