Help me! I’m having creedmoor thoughts.

First let me say, I’m a friend of @ButterBean. My unwillingness to “yield” has always been equal to his. The phrase “sixpointfive” still triggers a gag reflex.
But lately, I’ve had 22 creedmoor on the brain and I can’t seem to shake it.
I need someone to talk me down.
Stay with tried and true, get a 22-250 or 220 Swift with a fast twist barrel and call it good.

Stop thinking in terms of "six point five" and start thinking in terms of "two sixty four". This will really help with the unintended gag reflex. "Two sixty four" acts much like the oyster does for an aphrodisiac and your range time will be as enjoyable as your romantic time after a night at the blue oyster bar (reference Police Academy the movie).

Take this post for what it's worth...... 🤣 🤣 🤣

On a serious note.....the "two sixty four" 85gr HH would be smoking out of your soon to be new 6.5 creed :sick:. Don't fight it....it's a great caliber.

Will never be a 6.5 🤢 for me! I will not yield.

The only creed 🤢 I’d consider is the 22.

I own a couple 22-250s. I’m of the generation that knows, Faster is better. Bigger is better. I do have Ks and Ks and Ks of rounds of loaded ammo for 22-250. So that is a BIG consideration

This.
Tikka 8 twist 22-250 with 63g AH's, Lapua brass at 3620 fps average, 3 shots one ragged hole at 100.
3 coyotes with this load all DRT with one shot.
A 22 creedwhat?
I’ve been considering that. But couldn’t find it offered tikas website

Well Jesse, I went down the 22 CM road, despite a pretty solid effort from BB to talk me out of it. In my mind, the whole "Needmoor" talk is just babble. It's really just another cartridge case with some very good features. It's certainly not the be all, end all, but the fact that it's wildly popular has actually given it some nice advantages, not the least of which is good headstamped brass availability.
I've finally worked up some very good accurate loads for mine and while it still hasn't killed anything, I'm pretty darn happy with it. For sure it will be my go to varmint/grandkid deer rifle. By the way, I also have a 220 Swift.

I can't and won't talk you down because I don't regret at all stepping into the 22 Creedmore circle. I apologize to all the Creed haters, especially Bean.

Last edited:
I've got a 22 Creedmoor that says "catch me if you can"

I've hit this number on two separate occasions.

Screenshot_20240125_193847_Photos.jpg

I even offered to Butterbean the use of my 22 Creedmoor go and no go gauges✌️

Just sayin

And before Brad comes on here warning me of pressures. Yeah you can bet your sweet butt 🙃 that I'm overpressure💥🚀

Last edited:
@JesseJ I am right there with you. A 22 Creed is the only one even remotely appealing to me.

As @jrebel suggested, I think in terms of 264. Or 26/4, to be more precise. Because what is the quotient when one divides 26 by 4?

A few months back, I procured a SA Nucleus with a mag bolt head for a song. SAUM and WSM brass was unobtanium, so in a moment of weakness, I ordered Peterson 6.5 PRC brass and Redding dies. (Later I found 300 WSM brass, but my dumb self felt pot committed). Dropped off the action at the smith with specs for barrel last week. Asked him to engrave the barrel with 26/4 PRC instead. He said he will oblige.

Phew… No telling what all I dodged there! 😂

Reactions: les

View attachment 5356

Just sayin

And before Brad comes on here warning me of pressures. Yeah you can bet your sweet butt 🙃 that I'm overpressure💥🚀
Joe, even I have some loads that are fire & forget brass! 🤣🤣

View attachment 5356

Just sayin

Tell the truth this was your Clark........

Back