Help me! I’m having creedmoor thoughts.

There is no issue in my mind with the Creedmoor. It is just a name. It has been hyped! There is no doubt about that! I have a 6.5 because I couldn't find a 260 Remington in left-hand. There isn't a whole lot of difference. Let's face facts, no matter what caliber it is a 308 class round. That all said, I have had a 220 Swift. I really liked that gun, but it was a fussy round for me to get the accuracy I was looking for. I've had a 222 Mag. That is a dead cartridge now, and a long story. I've had a 22-250. You do gain some case capacity with the 22 Creedmoor over the 22-250. So if you are looking for even more speed than the 22-250, the Creed might be the way to go.

The 22 Creedmoor is the only cartridge in the Creedmoor line that I would own personally. I have built all three and while the 6mm and 6.5mm are rather anemic in my opinion, the 22 Creed is fast and easy to load for.

JM2C
I should think versatility is what makes the 22CM appealing to me over the 22GT and 22ARC. A guy could cruise 88ELDMs at 3K in a 26" barrel no problems and the warp speed the 70 class HHTs for raw death ray at 3500fps or something like that.

The 22 Creedmoor is the only cartridge in the Creedmoor line that I would own personally. I have built all three and while the 6mm and 6.5mm are rather anemic in my opinion, the 22 Creed is fast and easy to load for.

JM2C
I tend to agree Mountainman. That said, I have my Tikka t3x lite in 6.5 Creed all set up and dialed in. It is easy to load. It doesn't hardly kick. It is accurate. It is fun to shoot. What more could one want? I have an accurate load with the 118 HHT that is moving at over 3,000 fps. Sellier & Belliot,s copper 120 grain that is considered a "moose" load in Europe is only moving at 2,800 fps. The new 80 grain HHT is being pushed at over 3,800 fps in the Creedmoor. I also agree that necking it down to 22 cal. opens a whole new world of speed.

This.
Tikka 8 twist 22-250 with 63g AH's, Lapua brass at 3620 fps average, 3 shots one ragged hole at 100.
3 coyotes with this load all DRT with one shot.
A 22 creedwhat?
Lgs has the t3x lite. 22-250. 22” bbl. 8 twist. 880$. Gonna be hard not to go this route

Last edited:
Back