I bought a box of ammo… 🤦

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
IMG_5790.jpeg
A). Weird.
B). How the heck can ppl afford this?
C). Reloading world must have gone up in the past year. Like 4-5 boxes of ammo is a start up reloading press/set.
D). I forgot how opinionated point of sales people can be about ammo selection.
E). No, I wasn’t wearing my Hammer Bullets shirt or hat.
F). Literally felt like a peasant buy Core Lokt. 🤣 Call me elitist. 🧐

Yes, I’m getting into a .243. Wanna run box ammo before getting into some Hammers. Also wanna step down some .308 cases and wanted the .243 case to compare it.

Now… what to reload for hogs and coyo’s.

Using 280AI for the fall game animals.

I load a few things in 243. One is 80 HH over 43 of RL 17. The 70 HH over 46 of H4350, also the same bullet over 46 of RL 17. Both the 70 gr loads give me about 3700 fps and good hunting accuracy. I'm just shooting a stock Savage Axis-2

Ya good old day of GI Joe’s and bimart here in Oregon 9.99 box month before deer opener oh how many box’s of the deadliest mushroom in the woods I have shot thru rifles before I started reloading, I was definitely money ahead back then 😂what a pheasant you are such a snob 😃now it’s the Hammer rabbit hole or some kind of black hole that drains my wallet😂

46.3g Rl16 70g hunter. 3620mv.
no pressure up to (full case) 46.5g
2.1730” cbto .015” jump. 22” bbl. 10.15twist.
-3/4”moa@100yd.
Worked up in warm weather. Safe load. Blew through deer at 300 and 355yds without catching shank. Neck shot at 150ish provided pass through as well. Caught shank on 50yd quartering to heavy bone hit though.
Oh and a bang flop on 100yd coyote double lung hit.

Man I used to have a 243 pretty sure I still have some brass here somewhere, after I picked up my 260 it does everything the 243 would do but it does it with a little more punch, I cleaned out the safe and sold guns I had no use for to make room for new guns to try out. If I run across some of my brass I'll send ya a PM if you want it.

$30 for a box of core locks... yikes. Cost and unstable supply chain issues is why I got into handloading, wish I woulda jumped in years ago.

Ya good old day of GI Joe’s and bimart here in Oregon 9.99 box month before deer opener oh how many box’s of the deadliest mushroom in the woods
Yes the good ol days. I miss GI Joes.
for a budget ammo, Coreloks are a really good bullet for the price. Several of my deer have fallen to them, they grouped well too sometimes better than premium ammo.

Heard a guy complaining the other day at the LGS about not having any primers. I told him that he is going to have to buy new ammo and pull the loads and put his own loads in them.

Heard a guy complaining the other day at the LGS about not having any primers. I told him that he is going to have to buy new ammo and pull the loads and put his own loads in them.
Try finding 307 Win. Especially loaded with Lead Free

I have a sweet load for my 243 with a 100 gr Hornady SPBT over 34.6 of IMR 4064 Just stacks them. MV of about 2865-2875. Plenty for deer. Shoot for the neck and head anyway.

Back