My first Creedmoor build

Mountainman

Hammer Time Executive member
Sorry Butterbean, the customer is always right.........right?

First time ever, a new customer showed up at my door with a box full of new parts. Stock, action, barrel, trigger, bottom metal......absolutely everything and asked me to build him a 22 Creedmoor. What could I do? :)

Mesa Summit action, Proof carbon 1:8 twist barrel, H&S stock and Jewel trigger. All I had to order was the reamer and the Talley rings. He also brought a 30mm Leupold 4-14x50. Rifle shot very well (I like to think because of the builder) but I certainly didn't see anything mystical (mythical?). 73 grain eldm over some H-4350 shot a best group of 0.24 with a velocity of 3220. I'm a little undecided on the Mesa action. Build to very tight tolerances but not as smooth as it could be. I reckon it'll smooth up with a little use. All in all a solid little rifle that will certainly help cull his coyote population.

22 Creedmoor.jpg

Sorry Butterbean, the customer is always right.........right?

First time ever, a new customer showed up at my door with a box full of new parts. Stock, action, barrel, trigger, bottom metal......absolutely everything and asked me to build him a 22 Creedmoor. What could I do? :)

Mesa Summit action, Proof carbon 1:8 twist barrel, H&S stock and Jewel trigger. All I had to order was the reamer and the Talley rings. He also brought a 30mm Leupold 4-14x50. Rifle shot very well (I like to think because of the builder) but I certainly didn't see anything mystical (mythical?). 73 grain eldm over some H-4350 shot a best group of 0.24 with a velocity of 3220. I'm a little undecided on the Mesa action. Build to very tight tolerances but not as smooth as it could be. I reckon it'll smooth up with a little use. All in all a solid little rifle that will certainly help cull his coyote population.

View attachment 885
Very nice! Love the group that you got out of it too!

I’ve found the 22 to be one of the most inherently accurate rifles to load for. Put 10 bullets with 5 different charges in 1.0gr increments in the same .75” ragged hole.

I will agree, it was very easy to find a load for. Shot 60's, 68's and 73's all well. That was all the heavyish 22 cal bullets I had in stock.

Back