My new target rifle

joe16

Hammer Time Executive member
Fellas

Got to start this thing somewhere. So we might as well start with a 338 Lapua Magnum.

I had a TC with a couple barrels that I wasn't too fondant for so I did a little horse trading with a fellow down the road a piece and come up with this.

What I like most about this Savage is it comes in a H&S Precision stock. I'm not too fond of the magazine sticking out of the bottom of the rifle as far as it does. I've got to do some research and find one flush or at least only three rounds.

I put a Trijicon 10 Mile scope on it. 4x30x56

I shot it a few times this weekend after running it through a cleaning regiment. I wish I had tightened the scope rail down, that would have saved me some ammo🥴.
The rifle shows potential for accuracy. I also think I'm going to change the muzzle brake. It eats all the sharp recoil, it's just a long push, it reminds me of the Barrett 50 cals in the Army.

20230303_113648.jpg20230303_113436.jpg

Joe

Thanks for the post. What bullet were you shooting? I have a 338 RUM I’m building right now. Just waiting for the prototype to be released before I decide on a bullet. Wanting something in the 230 to 250 gr weight range.

This is my first 338 of anything. I truly got it for a target rifle. It fits in between my 375 rum and my 300 rum and where does it stack up to my 45-90??

When I get all 90 cases empty I will probably have gotten dies by then. I'm waiting on the Prototype myself. Until then it's just the 250 match.

Not to be a spoiled sport but when I do load for it the 175 will definitely be the first that I try. Speed kills!!

Joe

Hey Joe you forgot to tell about your glass that will let you shoot a fly off the target at 500 yards!

Back