New For The 577 Nitro

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
C357D381-3E06-4C08-8B0C-FEBF3C910754.jpeg
We designed this solid copper, 100% weight retention, dangerous game expanding solid, for the 577 Nitro Express. This bullet is designed to expand the cupped meplat to caliber in size. Given it’s bore rider design, this Claw Hammer is capable of high velocity at low pressures giving it great versatility in the double guns.

Send some of those to Mark Sullivan in Africa!

I wonder what terminal impact velocity/energy figure is at 10 feet….and this brings up another question, does bullet velocity at impact increase when taking the speed of a charging cape buffalo or hippo into account?

Where are the engineers?

I wonder what terminal impact velocity/energy figure is at 10 feet….and this brings up another question, does bullet velocity at impact increase when taking the speed of a charging cape buffalo or hippo into account?

Where are the engineers?
Gday Airedale
No engineer here so to that question

Extra FPS impact
=
Frightening
Pucker
Sh-t

Cheers

Where are the engineers?
Well you also have to add in your backpedal speed which can be 2x charging buff speed....😱

I wonder if the circled part below is 'bore rider' diameter to get some extra speed out of these?

View attachment 4646
Gday choprzrul
It sure beats doing this 😜
97C01687-9101-4EBA-AF53-7BC39833774F.png

That picture is the prototype tuning in the field that found out a few things

It’s not so much on speed as most of the guys who shoot these type of pills settle on a given speed & don’t really push those boundaries

It’s more on the part of free a bit more case capacity up for non compressed loads & also a bit better penetration

Cheers

Gday Airedale
👍Stand your ground is the best option

Had a few , our asiatic arnt to bad & my mate & I used to seek it out for sh-t & giggles but not these days I’m done for fun just when I have too

They arnt as cranky as the cape but that also depends on areas to the level of crankiness

Hippos just amaze me how quick those are
Elephant mmmm I look forward too the day of one last false charge 🤞as that’s serious pucker right there

The guys who can shoot bigger than 50 cal well are serious marksman & tip my hat to those who can , it’s not in my skill set so my Jeffries is it for me

Stay tuned if I can get my thoughts & body into testing & it pans out like I think then reality of a new type of solid will be made 🤞

Cheers

Back