New Member from California

300XCW

Good morning

New member here from northern CA. I have been reloading rifle cartridges for about 10 years. I got into mono metal bullets a few years before CA imposed the lead ban and have had outstanding results. Mostly .30 cal reloading for hunting. 300 WSM, the 30-06, and 300 win. But lately I have been dabbling with the 7 mag and Hammer bullets. I have been utilizing Hammer bullets for about 3 years. Mostly in my brother’s and my 30-06.
we have taken a handful of deer and elk with the 166 HH with great results.
Cheers

Good morning

New member here from northern CA. I have been reloading rifle cartridges for about 10 years. I got into mono metal bullets a few years before CA imposed the lead ban and have had outstanding results. Mostly .30 cal reloading for hunting. 300 WSM, the 30-06, and 300 win. But lately I have been dabbling with the 7 mag and Hammer bullets. I have been utilizing Hammer bullets for about 3 years. Mostly in my brother’s and my 30-06.
Cheers
Welcome from NorCom.
What have your outstanding results been on? Blacktails?

Welcome from NorCom.
What have your outstanding results been on? Blacktails?
I have killed a pile of California “hybrid” bucks with a Barnes 150 TTSX in my 30-06. Also have been fortunate enough to take 4 bull elk with the Barnes 175 out of my 300 WSM
Between my brother and I we have had the following results with Hammer bullets. 2021 Idaho mule deer 350 yards one shot kill 166 HH out of a 30-06, California B zone (2022 350 yards and 2023 150 yards) 2 bucks with a 30-06 166 HH, and since 2021 California D zone a handful of deer at various distances with the same 166 out of two different 30-06s
Also last year in Wyoming my brother shot a cow elk at 250 yards. One shot kill with 166 HH out of his 30-06.

Last edited:
Good morning

Cheers
Welcome from SF Bay Area CA. I tried a bunch of different 7mm bullets in our 280 AI's; a right hand for me and a left hand for my son. Mostly settled on 132 HHT in the 7mm. Should cover most game except maybe elk, where I might have him go heavy with 7mm lead core bullet while I'd likely use 182 HHT in my 300 PRC.

Welcome from SF Bay Area CA. I tried a bunch of different 7mm bullets in our 280 AI's; a right hand for me and a left hand for my son. Mostly settled on 132 HHT in the 7mm. Should cover most game except maybe elk, where I might have him go heavy with 7mm lead core bullet while I'd likely use 182 HHT in my 300 PRC.
I am building a 7 mag with a CarbonSix barrel in a 1:8 twist and am very interested in the 169 hammer hunter for elk. I have been using the Barnes 175 LRX in my 300 WSM for elk and it slams them hard.

Back