New to Forum ... Factory Ammo?

M444ss

New to the forum: Ron Spomer introduced me (virtually) to Hammer Bullets, and his interview with Steve sold me...been surfing the Hammer website this evening.

Got a 270 Win recently - haven't fired it yet. Going to install an MCARBO trigger spring next week to get the trigger pull down about a pound below OEM capability, then take it to the range to sight in scope. Wishing I had at least 20 Hammer bullets loaded (35+ = better for good statistical data), but moved recently...work bench not setup & probs won't be any time soon (logistics issues); so will be trying five factory loads (only one all-copper on hand, Hornady).
I see that Weatherby loads some of their ammo with Hammer bullets, but not 270 Win. Also an outfit called Custom Cartridge Inc that loads 270 cartridges with 117gr Hammers [edit: and Weatherby loads some of it's ammo with Hammer bullets but not in my calibers/cartridges]. So I'll have to wait for now until I'm ready to reload - maybe next year.
>>>Does anyone else sell factory ammo with Hammer bullets, or is that even on the horizon?

Last edited:

Try this one, oh and welcome from Northern California.

New to the forum: Ron Spomer introduced me (virtually) to Hammer Bullets, and his interview with Steve sold me...been surfing the Hammer website this evening.

Got a 270 Win recently - haven't fired it yet. Going to install an MCARBO trigger spring next week to get the trigger pull down about a pound below OEM capability, then take it to the range to sight in scope. Wishing I had at least 20 Hammer bullets loaded (35+ = better for good statistical data), but moved recently...work bench not setup & probs won't be any time soon (logistics issues); so will be trying five factory loads (only one all-copper on hand, Hornady).
I see that Weatherby loads some of their ammo with Hammer bullets, but not 270 Win. Also an outfit called Custom Cartridge Inc that loads 270 cartridges with 117gr Hammers, but not ready to pay $125 per box of 20 (maybe for hunt-of-a-lifetime, but not for a few days in the late fall whitetail woods). So I'll have to wait for now until I'm ready to reload - maybe next year.
>>>Does anyone else sell factory ammo with Hammer bullets, or is that even on the horizon?
I have done about a dozen MCARBO trigger springs. Quick and easy job. Just watch that c clip. It's their job to see how far they can fly. Last Axis I did had a trigger pull of nearly 7.5 pounds. Massive improvement. As far as reloading. Know anybody that reloads? wouldn't take long to load you up some Hammers. Anyone here can give you good load data to try.

Welcome from Hammer’s home state of Montana.
This is the best forum around.
Get you a sample pack if you are worried about cost at first but I doubt you will be disappointed with the Hammers.

I’ve been using them in 25-06 to kill deer.
They are ridiculously predictable near and far.
Working on a load in 7mm-08 but no game taken yet.
Also worked up a load in an old 375 Winchester lever gun. Again no game taken.
Too many guns, not enough critters to kill.

Back