Nilgai Bull 7PRC

Awesome! Where was your shot placement to drop him like that? Most guides won’t allow anything less that a magnum 30 caliber for Nilgai.

Looks like high shoulder shot?
Gday reemtyj I’m with you & the leg action gives that indication of a cns
Be good to know & I wonder if the spine is lower on these critters like a lot of African critters 🤷‍♂️ I couldn’t make out on the video of any impact point of the pill but does anyone have the means to slow it down enough & can see the impact point & can show it would be appreciated

Hey @Poc Not really many critters on my bucket list these days ( not a brag point it’s a point of I’d rather watch others shoot critters these days I just like being present lol ) but these nilgai have me very intrigued & me I wouldn’t worry about calibre that a guide would recommend & I need to expand on that as not being disrespectful to a guide
What I would do is show them pretty well the toughest critter in the world imo & how the beanmore preformed on these critters
Then I’d back up with Steve shot a nilgai with the beanmore & if Steve can drop one they can’t be that tough 🤣🤣🤣
I’d also show non perfect shot placement on those critters above & impact to tip distances of those yep I’d definitely hammer the information home 😜
If that guide still believed a nilgai would be tougher or I needed to stick to their recommendations of caliber
I’m pretty certain I would be looking for another guide
Just the way I look @ it & once again no go @ any guide & as long as it’s not a legal requirement surely the guide would not dismiss that information & allow it
Now move to a eldm eldx Berger sst the list goes on I can see why a guide would recommend a 30 cal

Cheers

Back