Nosler let down.

I also believe the traditional USPS mail way of contact with complete written documentation cannot be overlooked. Send it certified mail with return receipt. Send it to John Nosler. It will get heck of a lot more attention.

Update: talked to nosler today. They are taking the rifle back in for another inspection. The guy was almost shocked sounding when I asked for a shipping label. Said he will have to get it approved since it will cost $250. Wth... he rambled on about it shooting so well for them and pretty much it was something from the bases to the scope on my part. Idk, but at least they are going to look at it. I'm sending it with the scope and a box of my ammo so they can have exactly what I have. We shall see...

I told him about it. He said he wished bore scopes were never invented 🤣. Pretty much it didn't matter what it looked like. Like stated above some ugly looking barrels still shoot good. But still.

An ugly barrel can shoot good but thats typically because it was a good barrel in the first place.
Maybe they need to invest in one, and send them back to their point of origin.

Point is this one doesn't

Last time I tried to deal with Nosler "customer service" he was so rude I asked did he have PTSD from the shop blowing up.

Best Wishes, I hope things have changed there.

and now we know why... ;)

An ugly barrel can shoot good but thats typically because it was a good barrel in the first place.
Pacnor was the original barrel maker and now they use shilen select match barrels. I have/had shilens and never seen one tool marked like this one. Especially the issue with the chamber.

Maybe they need to invest in one, and send them back to their point of origin.

Point is this one doesn't

Last time I tried to deal with Nosler "customer service" he was so rude I asked did he have PTSD from the shop blowing up.

Best Wishes, I hope things have changed there.
The guy is super nice and helpful, but he just answers the phone. Hell, my rifle was shipped to a different facility that he wasn't even at to get worked on and test fired. All he can do is read a report. Thats why I have a feeling that there was a mixup of my rifle with a other. Something is up. I even asked how they test fire. They shoot off bags and a bench, the same way I have been doing with pretty close to the same setup.

So what is their QC on barrels? No chamber or bore scope? That's not very comforting. Or is it the customer shouldn't have a borescope to see their crappy machining? Do they air gauge bore?

Good luck with return, I think you will need it.

So what is their QC on barrels? No chamber or bore scope? That's not very comforting. Or is it the customer shouldn't have a borescope to see their crappy machining? Do they air gauge bore?

Good luck with return, I think you will need it.
Their barrels are outsourced. They used pacnor on the early m48's, not sure if I have one or not. Now they use shilen select barrels. I just screwed a new shilen on new bighorn action 20 min ago for a new rifle build. I bet it doesn't look like that 🤣. I did get a shipping label emailed to me today so that's good. It will start its second trip back tomorrow. We shall see...

I understand the barrels are out sourced but I would expect any commercial rifle builder would QC any barrel (or any other part) from any supplier. Their brand rides on how each rifle shoots so its interesting what their QC on each build is or is not....

I understand the barrels are out sourced but I would expect any commercial rifle builder would QC any barrel (or any other part) from any supplier. Their brand rides on how each rifle shoots so its interesting what their QC on each build is or is not....
So inexpensive, readily available, and user friendly, a pre and post chamber inspection would ultimately save time dealing with issues.

If no joy from Nosler maybe fire lap etc.

Although just replacing it would be my choice if it wont shoot to expectations.

Back