% of hollow point compared to shank-what is ideal?

Reemtyj

Hammer Time Executive member
I have the 175hh 338 and the 137hh 308. When I take a paper clip and insert into the hollow point I find the shank on the 338-175 is considerably shorter % wise to the hollow point, the 137 is not that, how should I say, counter balanced and I remember Russell Coight saying originally the 137 hollow point was too deep and they lessened it. Thoughts anyone?

I have the 175hh 338 and the 137hh 308. When I take a paper clip and insert into the hollow point I find the shank on the 338-175 is considerably shorter % wise to the hollow point, the 137 is not that, how should I say, counter balanced and I remember Russell Coight saying originally the 137 hollow point was too deep and they lessened it. Thoughts anyone?
Some pills have been adjusted.
But before we go too far into details, things should stay a bit vague for proprietary trade reasons. 👍thanks

Thanks Riceman.
For others, we got really deep into the weeds on the old forum on nose and hollow point dimensions and other ratios. We got a bit carried away . Before we knew it we were broadcasting things we learned that basically gave a roadmap to Hammers' successful/superior performance.
We've pulled back on the reins some. No point in giving the competition shortcuts!
We're still learning and investigating things (and learning things) . Findings are shared/discussed with the Hammer boys.

The day one of you can come up with a formula for the perfect HP depth from bullet to bullet...I really want to know!
Gday Steve
I didn’t have a comeback for you yesterday on the phone of oh Fordy has a formula 🤣 can’t remember the exact words 🤔

Today I worked that formula out 😇

So Here’s a formula that never fails 😱😍😇

Yep do a variety of hp depths & styles then go out & test see which works the best 😜

Cheers

Back