Phoenix (Chandler) for the winter.

ua26fitter

Hammer Time Executive member
I might possibly going to work in Chandler at the Intel plant for a few months. Work has gotten really slow around home and my employer needs people on this job.
Won't have time to do much as I'll be working 7-12s possibly nights. They are throwing a bunch of money at us so I'm considering it.
Plan to get out before it gets hot. I don't do high heat very well but it will be nice getting away from Western WA wet weather for the winter.

What's it like in the area? I see they have a Scheels.

Kris

Hey Kris,

I live in the north west valley (Peoria/Glendale) Az the winters are kind of dry and mild. Most of the rain comes between Jan-April then we don’t see much after that. It starts to get mid-high 90s and low hundreds by early May. Then summers are 115+. The nights are still in the 100s depending on where you live.

But they say it’s a dry heat😂

Hey Kris,

I live in the north west valley (Peoria/Glendale) Az the winters are kind of dry and mild. Most of the rain comes between Jan-April then we don’t see much after that. It starts to get mid-high 90s and low hundreds by early May. Then summers are 115+. The nights are still in the 100s depending on where you live.

But they say it’s a dry heat😂
I'm planning to exit by early April.
Turkey and spring bear start mid April and I've got an itch for a spring bear hunt maybe even guided if this job pans out. Never been on a guided hunt before.

Kris

You will get out of town prior to your shoes melting to the roadway😂😂

I will be taking both my kids 9 and 13 on a bear hunt near Globe Az, big bear up there!!!

Look at SanCarlosrecreationwildlife.com pretty easy there. Just have to pay for the tag and either have a guide from the reservation or get signed off by the reservation. I don’t know how much the guide costs, I’m told it’s inexpensive

Well I made it down. Pretty interesting place. Start night shift tonight. Wish I had some time to go explore the mountains, maybe if I get a day off. Would love to see some wildlife.
I'd never saw big cactus. Those are pretty cool.

Kris

Enjoy your winter in the desert, my son and his family live in Tempe. We hunted elk up around Flagstaff a few years ago, before he started having kids. LOL. He got a bull plus a nice mule deer buck in that area in consecutive years.

Imagine 50 degrees, windy, and rain in the southeast. I’m shivering just thinking about it!

Back