Please Help...Where to go from here???

You can feel and hear a "clicker". The bolt will not lift 100% when the "clicker" condition starts. The bolt must be forced up (more force than normal) to get the bolt to lift the final little bit. You will feel and hear it give when the bolt lifts the last little bit to extract the case from the chamber.

Some may refer to this as "sticky" bolt - "clicking" is usually just past (worse) than "sticky"....at least to me?

Clickers are signs of an overpressure situation (rather severe) or a chamber a little off for your brass. If it's a chamber/brass issue, you usually have to have your chamber enlarged slightly so your sizing die can adequately (sufficiently) squeeze the brass down.

A video would be good wouldn’t it koda 😜
Cheers
It would, ive never thought about them but would be super helpful in discussions and asking questions in the forum.

When I was working up my pressure ladder for my 280ai i had a sticky extraction. The bolt would lift easy and normal, but pulling out there was a tiny bit of resistance. Left a tiny mark on the case, in one spot. I continued up the ladder and it got more pronounced. So I stopped.
I probably asked about it somewhere, but never found a cause. No other signs of pressure and I was hoping for at least another 100fps but called it. Dropped back a grain and thats my load at 3200fps, 140gnAH. I felt like I should have hit at least 3300fps with my 26in bbl but its still a respectable load.
Somewhere I have a pic of the case mark if anyones interested but dont want to go off topic here.

Gday @AZhntr
So glad your asking as we all learn from these questions
Advice is sound so I’ve got nothing to add to that & looking forward to seeing the final journey & that’s a smile & critter so I await that day

Side note
Ok you smart guys & @ButterBean you may come in here also on the barstool stuff you do

How about we put together a video of what a pressure load starts to look like on firing
Eg start off with a non pressure load & show bolt lift & the non click to ejecting the case showing where to look for pressure sign & measurement of case etc ( here’s a thought I wonder if you could incorporate a scale like a trigger pull or drag pressure on fishing reels to show the increased resistance on bolt lift @ pressure 🤷‍♂️ )
& then do a slight pressure load showing the same process & then a pressure load

To me that would simplify a lot as pictures are great but hearing seeing a slight click of a bolt is one that a video would give a better understanding & be perfect on barstool imo as the way you explain/show things bean is simple & that’s what we need not some of the over the top things we hear about

Carry on
Cheers
I'm gonna do a video on the BEANMORE load work up and cover all of this soon I hope

Thanks for everyones help. I went to the range this morning and it was pretty windy. I shot 3 shot groups with 75, 75.5, 76, 76.5, and 77.
75.5 was my best group (although tough because of the wind) I seated the bullet in the very first valley with 1/6th crimp (I used 1/6 because it was easy to split into 6ths on my die ring) Im pretty confused how my SD is so terrible? Im wondering if I should increase my crimp to 2/6ths and see if I get a little tighter group or for someone reason it will help my SD? Also pressure signs were of no issue at all, no cratering, ejector marks, sticky bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpg
    IMG_3221.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3226.jpg
    IMG_3226.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for everyones help. I went to the range this morning and it was pretty windy. I shot 3 shot groups with 75, 75.5, 76, 76.5, and 77.
75.5 was my best group (although tough because of the wind) I seated the bullet in the very first valley with 1/6th crimp (I used 1/6 because it was easy to split into 6ths on my die ring) Im pretty confused how my SD is so terrible? Im wondering if I should increase my crimp to 2/6ths and see if I get a little tighter group or for someone reason it will help my SD? Also pressure signs were of no issue at all, no cratering, ejector marks, sticky bolt.
I don’t consider an ES of 25 on 3 shots terrible… it’s not great, but it wouldn’t bother me. Also, it’s right at your ladder test velocity of 3471. Extra crimp could improve that, and it could improve accuracy. I’d shoot groups at 1/6, 2/6, and 3/6 crimp.

I don’t consider an ES of 25 on 3 shots terrible… it’s not great, but it wouldn’t bother me. Also, it’s right at your ladder test velocity of 3471. Extra crimp could improve that, and it could improve accuracy. I’d shoot groups at 1/6, 2/6, and 3/6

I don’t consider an ES of 25 on 3 shots terrible… it’s not great, but it wouldn’t bother me. Also, it’s right at your ladder test velocity of 3471. Extra crimp could improve that, and it could improve accuracy. I’d shoot groups at 1/6, 2/6, and 3/6 crimp.
ok I will give that a try!!

Back