Scope Problem

Muddyboots

Staff member
Sitting in my fav spot on farm in Indiana with the .270 Thors Hammer when I was looking thru scope the clarity was horrible. Cloudy greenish tint to glass. Never have seen anything like it before. I turned the turrets and AOK. Perplexed. Just getting ready to tell son headed home to grab another rifle when I noticed something.. When I had stood rifle up for second before I put into Death Grip, leaf fell perfectly and wedged tightly. Chuckle, remove, get ready for evening hunt.
IMG_2143.jpegIMG_2142.jpegIMG_2142.jpeg

I have a similar story with dads 30-30, sitting a deer intersection between bedding areas in the rut, fairly tight cover, climbed the tree and pulled the rifle up got sat down rifle across my lap and no sooner I hear a deer walking, a nice 4, nothing huge but I’ll take it, comes by at 9yards, I couldn’t get a good sight picture, shot anyway which was a mistake. Tracked it for over two miles, bumped it a couple of times and it was still going, lost that one, found him after the season…
All this because a piece of bark plugged up the sight hood on the way up the tree…

I learned some things from that one

Back