Short action magnum build

That 101 would be awesome for coyotes and p-dogs out of my 7mm-08. Bet I could run it at close to 3500 fps or so 😁

At 3500 fps, it would stay above minimum expansion velocity to 700 yards, and only drop 3.5 mils sighted at 100 yards.

I think I’d look into the 25 SST with a fast twist barrel. Could shoot any weight hammers or heavy Berger or Hornady. If you weren’t stuck on a short action then I think something built on the Mega is what I’d do. I almost built a 338 Mega last year, but being in Canada it was just easier to go 338 RUM.

I think I’d look into the 25 SST with a fast twist barrel. Could shoot any weight hammers or heavy Berger or Hornady. If you weren’t stuck on a short action then I think something built on the Mega is what I’d do. I almost built a 338 Mega last year, but being in Canada it was just easier to go 338 RUM.
I have considered an SST but I think I want a little more horsepower than my 7SS not less. Just trying to decide if more horsepower means bigger diameter like a 338SS or more speed like a 7 Max. Cause I I could run the lighter 120’s and 130’s in a short action still.

Back