Swap a hunt?

Snox801

Hammer Time Executive member
Just an idea. But why not a swap a hunt for this forum. Unlike other forums I feel this group kinda stands out. Might be good for a few of you guys that have different areas to hunt.

Maybe not even a swap but help with areas and details of someone needing to travel. For example. I love to hunt pigs and did in Florida for years. Now pigs are everywhere it seems in Florida. So maybe 5 acres of land can have pigs. But how is a guy like me suppose to find a spot without a ton of time.
I do in CO. My buddy’s take me to places I can hunt and either set me free or if time permits go along. Then I do the same for whitetail here. I go knowing it’s not guided and like most hunts I may have a slim chance but I also am not shelling out 8k everytime.

So if you have or would like to try someplace now we should post it up and see. I currently have been taking youth hunters yearly because they get a special two day season very early for deer. Tags are something like $7.50.

I like the idea! I’ve done this a few times successfully and also been burned on it once unfortunately.
That’s I think everyone’s fear. I now head into it not treating it like a paid hunt. I bring have them out and I help out with what I want. I enjoy it so it’s fine but I don’t waste any extra time or money than I do on myself. It may not come back to me. But I thought if any group could make it happen it would be this group.

The main hunt I like to trade is a Mt lion since most places don’t have them and most people won’t be successful without the help of dogs. Montana has made that very hard to do now because of rampant illegal outfitting for lions in the past. There are very few non resident hound handler permits available and if you don’t draw one then you are required to hire a licensed outfitter. As an outfitter I’m willing to trade for hunts I normally don’t have the opportunity to do around here.

The one I got burned on was an Iowa whitetail hunt. The guy has all but ghosted me since he killed a B&C lion 4 years ago.

A Ole hunten buddy, my son and myself do guided gator hunts. Been doing it for years.
Like Rausch we've been burned 2 times out of 3. One of those 2 had a TV show. Came and made a show with us. Was suppose to trade for whitetail in Alabama (I think it was, been so long ago) Never happened, and never got to talk to him again. He avoided us like the Plague. This other was in Mississippi. Said he lost the lease. Which we knew somebody that knew him. He lied about the lease. The third came through with a fallow and axix hunt in Texas. Took the wives with us. We all got a kill and had a blast.

That’s too bad Grizzly60. It seems there are more and more people not to trust these days. Although most of them haven’t made it to this website yet!
The day will come when they'll have to answer.
The one that made the TV show left with a gator that was 12ft 6in, 5 or 600 lbs. Don't ritely recall. He played that show every year for several years. That gator was bigger with each passing year.

But on a good note those in Texas messaged tonight to book 4 for the first 3 days this coming season.
Hopefully we have water this year.

The day will come when they'll have to answer.
The one that made the TV show left with a gator that was 12ft 6in, 5 or 600 lbs. Don't ritely recall. He played that show every year for several years. That gator was bigger with each passing year.

But on a good note those in Texas messaged tonight to book 4 for the first 3 days this coming season.
Hopefully we have water this year.
I hope you do too!

This is a good idea, but as many have shared, it has pitfalls. I'm still feeling bad about LightTheTower's elk hunt in Idaho last year. I gave a lot of armchair advice, but my fears were realized in that in my opinion his guide service didn't do a very good job. I know it was a drop camp, but still you should be dropping people where there is game!

This is a good idea, but as many have shared, it has pitfalls. I'm still feeling bad about LightTheTower's elk hunt in Idaho last year. I gave a lot of armchair advice, but my fears were realized in that in my opinion his guide service didn't do a very good job. I know it was a drop camp, but still you should be dropping people where there is game!
Thanks again Les. I’m afraid it was a “series of unfortunate events” as the saying goes. Hard winter last year, weather, and yes… a dereliction of duty by the outfitter. I lived, and learned!😉

Back