Tip Deformation

I go combo route. Tap with kinetic to get it "moving", swap over to collet puller. Seems less marring potential on bullet from either process as stand alone.

It's not always mistakes, but you move on from a bullet and have ammo sitting there. I'd rather pull, save powder, brass and PRIMERS for a load that I am now geeked over.

Now I understand this never happens to @BFD.
That’s a great idea Muddy! The two step that is!
Muddy, bullets aren’t purses. You don’t change them like that!

Fellas I don’t like doing one step to pull a bullet. I’m definitely not doing a two step process. I will keep my knife sharp as usual.

Kneedeep
Gday fellas
Let’s get this straight on the above of kneedeeps
He is called a one job wonder for a reason 🤣
He has gave the answer in his whittling duties 😜

Now the serious stuff from my 2 cents
I have both
I dislike both
I dislike the knife also

I will use all 3 plus leave it be
& for all intensive purposes unless a overpressure
Your better of practicing with them
Yep get the clay targets out as that will teach you more on the big picture

Just me & my thoughts & overall it’s what suits a individual & we can all learn there maybe a better way that may suite that individual better
Classic is this thread & the way we go about relaying it in a respectful manner
So I look forward to other threads like this

But kneedeep hmmm I’ll sort him out soon enough 🤔🤔 watch this space lol

Cheers

I'm willing to bet you wouldn't see a difference at 600y. My ocd struggles with tip imperfections. I think the farther from the tip an imperfection occurs the more effect it has on accuracy. Ding a boat tail and have a flier.
Yup, somewhere in one of threads I mentioned out to about that yardage it won’t make any difference. It’s not like shooting F-Class or 1000yd Benchrest. I know my tips get a beating fired from my ARs and I’m still hitting my targets with great success.

In this thread I was more assuaging the fear it could have a just noticeable difference at even 100.

So, I was thinking one could trapezoid/cut square the tip to either fit a magazine, prevent more deforming, or allow for a crimp at a desired spot on the bullet.

Last edited:
So, I was thinking one could trapezoid/cut square the tip to either fit a magazine, prevent more deforming, or allow for a crimp at a desired spot on the bullet.
Man alive Brad
I’ve just caught up on how to do all your fancy colours 😇
Now my heads in a spin as your underlining them now
Come on man fair suck of the sav 🤣

Oh by the way
I like that as gives us options 👍
Cheers

When I was a wee lad, there was an old man that was a friend of the family that gave me the nick name, “hammer head”. He said it was because I was hard headed and wouldn’t listen to my folks. Little did he know, that eventually I’d be proud to be a HAMMERHEAD

When I was a wee lad, there was an old man that was a friend of the family that gave me the nick name, “hammer head”. He said it was because I was hard headed and wouldn’t listen to my folks. Little did he know, that eventually I’d be proud to be a HAMMERHEAD
That's way better than I used to get, "Red on the head like a dick on a dog!"

Gday
I’ve had plenty of tips deform accuracy wise I’ll leave that to the bug hole shooters to tell us how much difference but minimal imo
I know on initial testing of the prototypes we done some really bad things to those tips & didn’t see a issue with accuracy ( I’ll leave joes centremass out of it lol )

Then when I went to king island recently I had some tips deform pretty bad yet I couldn’t tell any difference on a loss of accuracy ( I was more concerned with not straight pills in the case neck forgot what it’s called as brain dead @ moment)
& I knew when I was off @ the squeeze of the shot not man why didn’t that hit

Gday joevh
Your post has me ticking a bit
So what was your process of storage & transport of the bullets to & from hunting

Also is there anyway your bullets got in a higher than normal temp as those tips are a pretty low temp tip
Melting point vrs a gooey point im unsure of the temperature difference between those 2 points

Cheers
Farleg,
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I've been out of town and not on the forum. The bullets were stored and transferred in a plastic ammo case (tips up, no impact or pressure on them), in my truck with temps from 20 - 50 degrees F, so no high temps whatsoever.

Back