Trigger Tech failure?

The issue with TTs is in Rems, it's from the bolts having such a wide range of manufacture and the TT not having an adjustable sear engagement it will fail on a percentage of them. When I was doing a lot of triggers I'd slam the bolt closed running fast and a percentage of TTs will fire, just the way it is, you can change them out and you'll get the same thing.
I really like Timney's, fully adjustable and been rugged, Jewell's are more sensitive to environmental conditions. BixNAndy has a good following but I never got I to them but have shot them on bench guns and their amazing.

The issue with TTs is in Rems, it's from the bolts having such a wide range of manufacture and the TT not having an adjustable sear engagement it will fail on a percentage of them. When I was doing a lot of triggers I'd slam the bolt closed running fast and a percentage of TTs will fire, just the way it is, you can change them out and you'll get the same thing.
I really like Timney's, fully adjustable and been rugged, Jewell's are more sensitive to environmental conditions. BixNAndy has a good following but I never got I to them but have shot them on bench guns and their amazing.
Were those Diamonds or any of the TT?

I've had good luck with Timmey and Shilen. I have a few of each, never had an issue with them. I also have two Trigger Tech trigger; they are both working fine.

So to reiterate what bigngreen said, if there is an issue, it is strictly with the REM700 with the bolt stop. Does not apply to clones, right?
My opinion means nothing here, as I don’t have the experience to speak to this, but I do like the 2 stage Timney in my Tikka build.
Looking forward to trying the 2 stage TT special soon in a Nucleus. One more puzzle piece and time are all that is needed…

Timney fan here, across multiple platforms they’ve always been great. I have one Kidd and one Rise Armament, both of which are also good but I don’t think they apply to bolt guns.

Back