Valentines Day Dinner

jrebel

Hammer Time Executive member
Valentines Day is a double whammy for me....it is also my wife's BIRTHDAY!!! 🥰🥳

I hate the crowds about as much as I hate the holiday!!! Instead, I will do the cooking, well minus the cake...which Costco made for me.

Ribeye Steak....reverse seared

Let the steaks rest outside of the fridge for an hour so they come to room temperature (well, not fridge cold anyway). Season generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder...let sit for another half hour. Place on the smoker at 175 -200 for approximately 60-90 minutes, or until the internal temp is 110. Take off the smoker and let rest for 5-10 minutes.

Now for the reverse sear part..... Get a charcoal grill (cast iron works well to if you doing it inside) smoking hot. Place the stakes on the grill for approx. 45-60 seconds per side or until you have a hard sear. The fat should be basically burnt on the outside of the steak. This should take your steak to 125-145 depending on how you like your meat. Remember, the steak will continue to cook even after removed from the heat. Let stand for 10 minutes and eat.

I serve my steak with a cowboy butter (google the recipe and alter to your liking). Tonight we will have broccoli and asparagus for the sides.

More pictures to come.....

Attachments

• IMG_8167.jpeg
    IMG_8167.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
off the smoker at 110. Time to start the side.

Caramelized onions
Cowboy butter
asparagus cooked in air fryer
broccoli cooked in a steamer

Attachments

• IMG_8170.jpeg
    IMG_8170.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8171.jpeg
    IMG_8171.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8173.jpeg