What bullet for 7mm Rem Mag

Range brass
160 shock hammer
I will post on load data when I finish testing, I was just wondering if RLL had ever tried Retumbo in his testing.

All different, I did a test a while back on different brands of brass and will share but basically they all shot close enough to each other for anything I need to achieve. It was amazing! Only Winchester I believe was a little different

I developed a killer load for my buddys 7mag with stellar results. His rifle is a Rem700 with 1x9.5 twist. Shooting 160gr shock hammers at ~3160fps with N560. Half inch groups at 100. Load data is in the hammer hunter data table if interested. Good luck on your load development whatever combo you choose!
I also developed a killer load for my 7 mag with 160 grain Shock Hammer's and 75.5 grains of IMR 8133, I got sub 1" 3 shot groups at 100, and measured on my new Garmin chrono going average of 3410 fps. The bullets are a big part of the speed, they give me 100- 150 fps faster than any others, and are Very accurate, but other factors are my rifle is a Browning 1885 falling block with a 28 inch barrel, 9.5 twist, using new, form fired Sig brass, col 3.24. I'm really bummed they quit making this powder, but the new Stabal HD is supposed to be comparable, luckily I have 50 rounds loaded for hunting stashed. The 7mag was developed around a 160 grain bullet going around 3150 fps using the new IMR 7828 powder according to Randy Selby, the "Real gun smith", who knows about beginning, try and find a load showing anything close to 3100 fps in any book for the 7 mag?

Back