When will one learn 🤔

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday
Well let’s step back a touch before all of the corruption started for me with you guys

Yes I was happy with my
22lr
300 rum
375h&h
With the 30 cal being my bread & butter that I knew backwards

Then you guys showed up in my life 🤬😉
& Got turned upside down
So now I have multiple calibers & a wildcat that needs fireforming which is ok but the plain old me of kiss just reverts back to the original days when my life was easy as just a simple choice of open the gun safe & grab the one that was designed for the task to soon follow no other thoughts involved other than smacking the critter

Then I was asked how I looked @ this pill in that caliber I didn’t have & the ever so cautious me just dosent like to give out thoughts without some form of knowing how that caliber behaves then I get real anal & break that down to different pills & so on
it’s everyone’s fault but mine 🤣
Yep so now I’ve got way more calibres than I ever thought I’d have which causes me to hesitate @ the gun safe for the choice to be made is overwhelming

Yep I got a little confused on if this was all worth it but then
@Mountainman
Let me know he was making me a rifle for me 😉& in one of my old favourite chamberings I may add so thankyou kind sir it’s very appreciated & one I look forward to the finished product 💜🍻
But then we have @joe16 pestering me with I need another caliber yes the old 45-120 for which I was nearly over the line with a reamer only a call away
But then on a recent discussion with a valued member it was pointed out that way more people would get more out of other calibers I didn’t have to gain that data base on another line of hammers

Mmm so seeing I’m getting a touch overweight these days I thought it would be fitting to start looking @ a calibre that would bring it back when you averaged the 2 out

So with my few extra pounds what better way than to even it out with one of those skinny ugly chamberings that seems to be gaining some love around here 😇😜😎

So looking forward to seeing this play out
😜
Cheers

Earlier this spring I was getting the itch to get something new in 1-8 twist 30 cal to complement my 270 and 7mag, having noticed all the different Hammer pills available. Now that I’m doing simultaneous load development on 4 different bullets for the 270, my appetite for another rifle “hungry mouth to feed” has decreased a bit. Popcorn 🍿 at the ready, can’t wait to see what you guys recommend for @Farleg to add to his stable. I too, ❤️❤️❤️ love this place.

No such thing as too many rifles.

My wildcats outnumber my factory chamberings I'm pretty sure....but then I've always liked to tinker with stuff.

Heck, I've saved some shot-out barrels to use just for fireforming brass. But then I've always been goofy🤪🙄🫢

FA113699-1CFD-4F50-A14D-4A3369265785.jpeg
Gday

Seeing one is getting older no use going one of the newer versions made today
As we might as well go back to some grass roots where it started many years ago

The above is one that I’m going to see if it will turn up in time for a special occasion that’s in the making now as I had a brain storm idea below

the mumble mumble guy never stopped complaining about the “tank “ he used here so can’t wait till he walks “joes incline” & guess it will have the skinny ugly corner or like added to the list of memories we make @ my hunting property
Yes Joe the skinny ugly will be your weapon your going to walk that incline with again 😇 that big rat is still there & what better way for you to take him out ✅✅

Cheers

Joe

So your world has been turned upside down? Y'know the other members think we are upside down already.

So you have a .222, that was once a very common chambering in Australia. I know a few old blokes that held onto them but .223 is just easier to obtain now.

You want a "Skinny Ugly" only heard the term recently but it seems the "Venerable .270" has a new name.

I think my .280a.i. cartridge is sweet and sleek so don't let me catch Y'all calling that skinny ugly.

Still planning on building a .260rem from a perfectly good 6.5x55 Tikka but haven't made any progress.

LOL, I'll bet. Seems he thinks Muddy has broken you? :LOL: Been thinking about our conversation about skinny ugly and I'm seriously thinking about drawing up a reamer using the Serengeti tolerances as well. I don't think German Salazar would mind if we borrowed from his 30-06 reamer design.

Regards

Oh, I feel your pain Farleg!!! There is a big problem with the Hammer Bullet website in that it sends out siren calls to build a gun for a certain bullet. That is what happened with the 404 grain 458 bullet. I do enjoy the "Howitzer," a 45/90 CVA Scout. Right now I have a yearning to build a gun with a 338-375 caliber pill. That 137 grain - 375 pill is talking to me. So is the 140 grain - 358 pill. I love this place, but it can get expensive.

Oh, I feel your pain Farleg!!! There is a big problem with the Hammer Bullet website in that it sends out siren calls to build a gun for a certain bullet. That is what happened with the 404 grain 458 bullet. I do enjoy the "Howitzer," a 45/90 CVA Scout. Right now I have a yearning to build a gun with a 338-375 caliber pill. That 137 grain - 375 pill is talking to me. So is the 140 grain - 358 pill. I love this place, but it can get expensive.
Les, your right! I'm giving some thoughts to a 35 nosler 🤪

Back