Why meplat shape is important

Farley: Somebody needs to bring a real knife over for you. 🤓
As many animals as you process you must have to sharpen that Wave Leatherman every night and send it in for a new blade every 6 months.
I tip my hat to you for the journey to find the ultimate “pill”. You’re convincing enough that I’m gonna have to try them Hammers.
Cowboy

I can attest that Farleg has no time for a real knife. It’s the leather man all the way! Pliers to fix fence, knife to cut everything, ruler to measure wound channels and the occasional use of the saw. No time to sharpen, just steer clear of the follow through as a dull knife needs speed and pressure to cut.

I had enough conversations with Farleg to anticipate he used dull knives. I took him a work sharp sharpener. A lot of time was spent sharpening a multitude of knives. And yes, fingers were cut. Who knows if it will ever be used again!

IMG_5531.jpeg
Notice the bandaid under the bandage. True Farleg style right there. Although that isn’t farleg’s thumb.

Kneedeep

Gday guys I’m trying to get this done without getting sidetracked🤣 & kneedeep you’ve got me off the rails again 😜

Hmmm
Knives are meant to be sharp…😂
Well let’s take stock here & get to the sharp/blunt end of things 🤪
Look @ kneedeep thumb & his Band-Aid suited him down to a tee
Rusty sent kneedeep a video as his thumb was opened up & a general thanks 🤣
I’d cut myself also first time in I don’t know how long
My son done the same
Hmmm
& this all occurred in around 2 weeks when a certain individual bought a knife sharpener 😱🤔

@Cowboy I have a new leatherman now care of rusty as the mungrol bought me a new one which we did a trade / swap as he wanted the old one
View attachment IMG_9330.MOV
I’d have handed it over to him without a exchange gladly as to me it was just a tool of my trade & no real sentimental value just great memories but the new one no one’s getting that one as it’s special as a gift from rusty is one I’m proud to use & that I will definitely use but it needs a tweaking lol😜 yes I even found a improvement that needs to be made by leatherman maybe I’ll take that up with them 🤣🤪

Mike your sharpener is unreal & can’t thankyou enough even this muppet has got it down pat somewhat & no cuts since 🤣
Yes it’s replaced the old stone & been used quite a bit since 😇
image.jpg
Cheers

Back