.284 155 hammers

@Crp

A client of mine used the 284/155HH this past year in a 7SAUM. MV was around 3000fps. He shot a handful of MO whitetail, a rocky mt bighorn and a NM oryx with it. Shot distances were 350 yards to 40 yards. It performed well, a few CNS shots that went straight down. The lung shots ran a few yards but not far.

The 155HH is a long pill for it's caliber. It's my opinion that this pill needs to have a slightly shallower hollow point to be optimally balanced.

Switching to the 145HHT

kneedeep

I tried that in my browning xbolt also. Shot pretty
@Crp

A client of mine used the 284/155HH this past year in a 7SAUM. MV was around 3000fps. He shot a handful of MO whitetail, a rocky mt bighorn and a NM oryx with it. Shot distances were 350 yards to 40 yards. It performed well, a few CNS shots that went straight down. The lung shots ran a few yards but not far.

The 155HH is a long pill for it's caliber. It's my opinion that this pill needs to have a slightly shallower hollow point to be optimally balanced.

Switching to the 145HHT

kneedeep
155 HH vs 168 c&c

Attachments

• IMG_0791.png
    IMG_0791.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
I'm shooting them out of a 7 mag using RL-26, velocity is 3230fps. Killed a 325 pound bore in CA, hit him on the tip of the shoulder and exited behind the other at about 100 yards. Went about 50 feet before dying, people were impressed it passed clean through both his plates.

That’s about where I hit over pressure with N170. Still not finished with them yet.

Back