308 - 137HH vs 154HHT, BFD’s hog hunt

In a world of b*llsh*ters,☝️ this is called a teaser.
They say it takes one to know one. But I know you’re not one and I’ve never known Brad to be one, so I’m not sure where you’re coming from Joe.

Confused
Kneedeep

Gday Les oh ok better not leave kneedeep out seeing he agreed or he’ll get his knickers in a knot 🤣
Maybe we could get the Hammer boys to make a 135 grain HHT in .308! No crow just more pills to buy!
yes a 137 cut down would come in @134/5hht

Let’s break it down
George had a pink fit over the 124 @ high velocity impacts 🤣
& assuming your talking your rum hmmm be prepared for a cut in half deer 😱

Now the 308 guys lots of promise no doubt but here’s where I’m looking @ present
If the velocity brackets show no benefit in going a extra 200 fps why even bother as the bigger 154 will cover its backside better but really that’s not even remotely what I’ve been looking @ in this case lol yes I think a 140 ish weight (130-150 ) is about perfect for so many I’ve just shelved the idea of it entering my head as my mate said a while ago my SIM card is pretty full 🤔 ( workload yes & I’m also struggling from time to time to remember what was once straight off the top off my head or dementia setting in 🤷‍♂️ won’t worry me if later 😂 ) so I’m so happy Steve hasn’t released a hht pill around that 137 weight as I’ll be all over that like a rash ( same as a 100-110 gr 6.5 )

Now completely agree on its merits if can get it balanced but I personally think steve & Brian need to understand more on how this darn tip is doing what it’s doing first ( & what I’m hearing/seeing from them they are searching & learning & I’ve got no answers to try & help my answers will come with more dead critters hopefully) & I sent a video showing a classic of the results ( I’ll see if I can post it but maybe a touch long )

That to me the first step in getting those lighter weight hht to us as you don’t want to do it & get skewed results that need tweaking as that’s extremely hard work to work out what’s going on if you don’t understand the why it’s doing it in the first place ( some of that I don’t believe will ever be known as that’s anal physics but the basics yep totally )

I talked to Steve yesterday about the 6.5 lines & results im seeing on the critters that are showing a bit more clarity on what’s going on but how 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️this is doing it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😡🤬
( Side note steve & Brian were @ the range yesterday testing a few things but mums the word 🤔 )

That part on what’s going on is the key to getting a lighter hht to work better than just killing a critter

But I’m fairly sure it will come
Cheers

They say it takes one to know one. But I know you’re not one and I’ve never known Brad to be one, so I’m not sure where you’re coming from Joe.

Confused
Kneedeep
KD

If this little interaction confused you. Tasmania would make you shed tears. Little snowflakes drifting from your cheeks🤗
In a world of b*llsh*ters,☝️ this is called a teaser.

Joe

Ooo Farleg,
You are just too much!
I giggled, then laughed out loud!
A "pink fit" huh?
A "George shot"......again? Really?
I guess I'll have to shoot a deer in the butt just to get you and joe16 to Leave Me Alone😆!
You can bet your buttons it won't be with an hht. That'd be about like making a deer swallow a hand grenade😳

Jury's still out, but before long I'm gonna shoot one (in the side) with a 118HHT in my 6.5 Max. Muzzle vel is just over 3600.
We'll see how that works🫣

Back