.338 Cal-220gr Hammer HHT

I just killed a Kodiak Brown bear deader than heck with a 210HHT out of a 338rum @ 3462 fps, the bear was more than likely either side of 900# maybe less, I believe the 210 is good enough for any bear/ elk/ etc. I would embrace the speed - energy - penetration of Hammers and quit thinking like cup and core bullets! YMMV 🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽

I just killed a Kodiak Brown bear deader than heck with a 210HHT out of a 338rum @ 3462 fps, the bear was more than likely either side of 900# maybe less, I believe the 210 is good enough for any bear/ elk/ etc. I would embrace the speed - energy - penetration of Hammers and quit thinking like cup and core bullets! YMMV 🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽
How far away was he? Do you have a rough idea what impact velocity was? Also did you get an exit and if not, how much penetration did you get and was it through ribs and lungs or anything heavier? I would love to go lighter and faster. thanks.

Quitas 178 yards, impact velocity should have been roughly 3100 fps, energy 4572 # check the thread out and it will tell you the rest of your questions, Sir!

Back