6.5 creed and 80 grain HHT......on the way.

jrebel

Hammer Time Executive member
Been contemplating re-barreling a 6.5 creed to a 6mm creed....just because. Finally decide to just shoot some zoomies, sweet whamadine, craaaazyyyyy fast 80 grain HHT's of of this beast. Maybe try to shoot the barrel out before I spend the money to re-barrel the rifle.

Figured, while I'm at it....might as well up-grade the brass to some sweet shiny, sexy, make a man drool.... Peterson Brass. :love:

200 80 gr HHT and 300 new Peterson brass ordered and inbound. ๐Ÿš€

Rifle is a Savage Stealth Model 10 with 26" barrel. Topped with an older nightforce SHV 5-20. Haven't shot this rifle in few years as it is kind of heavy and I have a lot of lighter rifles to hunt with. I imagine it will become a bench gun and give me a reason to just go and punch paper or steel at the range. Heck...maybe a coyote gun with this new speedster set-up of a round. This rifle was stupid accurate with 140 grain accubonds......I can't wait to see the bug holes it punches with these speedsters.

I tell you.....Hammers have really changed the way I think about rifles. Rather than just change calibers, a guy can just go ultra light on the bullet and shoot speeds that were otherwise not obtainable. Why spend the money to re-barrel a rifle when I can shoot 6 mm speeds with a 6.5 gun. I THINK I'M IN LOVE....๐Ÿฅฐ:love:๐Ÿ’•โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿฅฐ......

Yep, you're corrupted too.
More than you can even imagine. This will be #6 for rifles that have been converted to Hammers.

Also got super wild and crazy and ordered an EC Tuner Brake to try out on this rifle. I had a brake on it, which is completely unnecessary as it is heavy and recoils like a .22.....but, it is super fun watching impacts down range. The EC Tuner Brake gets great reviews and I want to see if it will take a 1/2 MOA group and shrink it even more. Updates to follow when I get this party started in a week or two.

More than you can even imagine. This will be #6 for rifles that have been converted to Hammers.

Also got super wild and crazy and ordered an EC Tuner Brake to try out on this rifle. I had a brake on it, which is completely unnecessary as it is heavy and recoils like a .22.....but, it is super fun watching impacts down range. The EC Tuner Brake gets great reviews and I want to see if it will take a 1/2 MOA group and shrink it even more. Updates to follow when I get this party started in a week or two.
Definitely watching your test results for this one.

Gday jrebel
X2 on Carl
If you want a pill for coyotes the 80hht is pretty good on wallaby so Iโ€™d assume do well on yotes but itโ€™s nothing like what I was seeing once a little ๐Ÿนwas added to the mix
Bet that gets you a ticking ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ

The one that really interest me is a 65 gr 6.5 now that will get a scooting along add the above & watch this thing splat ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Cheers

Been contemplating re-barreling a 6.5 creed to a 6mm creed....just because. Finally decide to just shoot some zoomies, sweet whamadine, craaaazyyyyy fast 80 grain HHT's of of this beast. Maybe try to shoot the barrel out before I spend the money to re-barrel the rifle.

Figured, while I'm at it....might as well up-grade the brass to some sweet shiny, sexy, make a man drool.... Peterson Brass. :love:

200 80 gr HHT and 300 new Peterson brass ordered and inbound. ๐Ÿš€

Rifle is a Savage Stealth Model 10 with 26" barrel. Topped with an older nightforce SHV 5-20. Haven't shot this rifle in few years as it is kind of heavy and I have a lot of lighter rifles to hunt with. I imagine it will become a bench gun and give me a reason to just go and punch paper or steel at the range. Heck...maybe a coyote gun with this new speedster set-up of a round. This rifle was stupid accurate with 140 grain accubonds......I can't wait to see the bug holes it punches with these speedsters.

I tell you.....Hammers have really changed the way I think about rifles. Rather than just change calibers, a guy can just go ultra light on the bullet and shoot speeds that were otherwise not obtainable. Why spend the money to re-barrel a rifle when I can shoot 6 mm speeds with a 6.5 gun. I THINK I'M IN LOVE....๐Ÿฅฐ:love:๐Ÿ’•โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿฅฐ......
Ream it out to a BeanMore ;)

Back