6.5 creed and 80 grain HHT......on the way.

The goods came in today. 🥳 🥳

I will be working a ladder / pressure test soon. I should have the tuner brake by the end of the week, which is when I will really put the pedal down and get to finalizing a load.

RamTac is on my short list of powders to try if Varget doesn't pressure out before case fill. (y)

Hey @OutdoorEdventure,
Not to derail the thread, but have you done any load dev on a 708? Tac gave me really good velocity with the 118HHT. Steve says to run Varget in the 708, but I’m guessing that would be with heavier bullets. Brad has done a lot of testing, and Tac seems to be king, with N540 coming in very close. Curious if you’ve had experience?

I need to try and find Power Pro 2000 MR.

Went to the range today to work the ladder / pressure test. Using Varget, I never hit pressure. Take the brass, scoop it in the buck of powder, seat the bullet and let her rip. Here is what I came up with.

Peterson Brass (Virgin)

40gr = 3263
41gr = 3335
42gr = 3406
43gr = 3472
44gr = 3569
45gr = 3646 Charge I plan on going with if it groups well at 200-300 yards.
46gr = 3692 Compressed so much, I couldn't seat bullet as deep as I wanted. Still shot it, but backed down to 45 grains for the win.

I will be at the range tomorrow to see how it groups and how the tuner works if I need to use it. Updates to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_8340.jpeg
    IMG_8340.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
How cool is that!?!?!?! At 400y the impact velocity is higher than the muzzle velocity of the 140 something gr pills that most guys are running in the creed. Simply put, this combo turns the cartridge into an entirely different animal. Then you can send us your creed and we'll turn it into a BeanMore and run this pill at 3800 plus fps!

How cool is that!?!?!?! At 400y the impact velocity is higher than the muzzle velocity of the 140 something gr pills that most guys are running in the creed. Simply put, this combo turns the cartridge into an entirely different animal. Then you can send us your creed and we'll turn it into a BeanMore and run this pill at 3800 plus fps!
3800 plus is EZPZ with the BEANMORE

Finally made it back to the range. This project isn't done, but so far we have had success. Today projects.....

1. Sight in the scope after switching to a 20 MOA base.
2. Chrono a large number of rounds to get good numbers....(this is where I have some improvement to make)
3. Test the EZTuner Brake to see if it is worth the money.

Here are the results....

ES - 40.3
SD - 12.5
Average Velocity - 3675

The pictures show my groups with the tuner brake. I didn't shoot more than two shots if the group was opening up. If the first two looked good, I shot a 3rd shot. I only had 40 rounds so I wanted to make sure I got through all 10 settings (whole number settings, you can adjust between whole numbers).

Next steps will include playing with crimp and 5+ shot groups on tuner settings 1 and 3. Also will try different primers to see if that helps with the ES and SD. All it all it shot really well....and If I didn't get any improvement, I would be plenty pleased with this set up.

Attachments

• IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8363.png
    IMG_8363.png
    4 MB · Views: 15
Back