A bit more lover for the Quarter Bore

What velocity did you guys get with these inadequate 90g AH'sšŸ˜ and what powder? I just finished load development and got 3727 fps with RL26 and sub 1/2 moa in a 24" barrel. I haven't shot anything yet, this will be my wild boar and mule deer load.
RL16 gave me 3611. I always thought RL26 would give me moreā€¦..especially with 26ā€ barrel on my #1

I thought RL26 would be too slow, but it came out perfect. A full case, accurate and good speed.

Thanks to Joe I tried it!
Nice. If I can get my 270 WSM to shoot, I'm gonna sell that #1 25-06....part of my downsizing effort....

I tried Varget and IMR4350, got about 3500 and good accuracy with IMR4350. How did the bullets perform on deer, if they are anything like the Hammers in my 22.250 and 243 on coyotes you got to be happy?
Three were instant collapse. One was quartering away more than my son realized and that one mostly damaged the right lung and not much else. He covered about 100 yards and died. Entry and exit wounds in the hide were quite small but usually about a two inch hole through both sides of the rib cage. Plenty of vital damage. Iā€™ve noticed multiple wound tracts through the vitals from shed petals. One petal recovered from between the hide and ribs on the one my son shot. Iā€™ve seen no reason to use anything else.

Three were instant collapse. One was quartering away more than my son realized and that one mostly damaged the right lung and not much else. He covered about 100 yards and died. Entry and exit wounds in the hide were quite small but usually about a two inch hole through both sides of the rib cage. Plenty of vital damage. Iā€™ve noticed multiple wound tracts through the vitals from shed petals. One petal recovered from between the hide and ribs on the one my son shot. Iā€™ve seen no reason to use anything else.
Thanks for the details.

I see no reason to use anything else either!

Will this work in the .25 Beanmore aka .25 Quartermore/.25 Quartermoor?

Edit: this 115 HHT isnā€™t a match for my 10 T .25-06 Rem. šŸ™

Last edited:
Back