Ever have a what the heck kind day?

Steve Davis

Administrator
Staff member
Day before yesterday I was driving down the hwy going 65 mph and some ding dong came flying out of the Napa parking lot, trying to shoot across four lanes of hwy, and hit me almost head on. Like that deer that blows across the road and you have zero time to react. So much for restoring my gen II. All I had left was the interior and and a full tear down of the engine to replace seals and anything else that made sense while there. I had replaced all the body parts, wrapped it, installed a full Carlie suspension with Thuren steering stabilizer, and steel front and rear bumpers. Along with other various things. IMG_20230605_162654782.jpgIMG_20230605_161814035.jpgIMG_20230605_161757513.jpgIMG_20230605_161736007.jpgIMG_20230605_161717330.jpg

Good thing you’re ok. Had a Carli 4.5” lift on my 2015 F350. Great suspension system. Nice truck too. Hoping you can build it back up.

Yeah, an impact with that amount of force.....thank your lucky stars you get to type about it. I imagine the other vehicle looked much worse. Glad you got to walk away and hope the other driver / folk involved were just as lucky. Seen too many accidents in my line of work that people don't walk away from.

Steve,
I’m glad to see that you are okay. I totally know the frustration with having a ride just right and Then having things go south big time.

Yeah, an impact with that amount of force.....thank your lucky stars you get to type about it. I imagine the other vehicle looked much worse. Glad you got to walk away and hope the other driver / folk involved were just as lucky. Seen too many accidents in my line of work that people don't walk away from.
It was a good thing I swerved to the left just before impact or the other driver would have been soaked up with the oil and cat litter. Instead of blowing over his front I would have blown through his cabin. I heard at the scene that he had a broken leg.

Sometimes there is no avoiding an accident! Glad to hear your OK. I missed t-boning a minivan full of kids a few years ago that did a u turn infont of me. I can still see that thing turning when I see a vehicle pull into the shoulder ahead of me..

I’d be looking for a project to dump the drive train into, especially if it’s the Cummins/5spd combo.

Back