Handloading room suggestions/ideas. New build.

Thought of another suggestion while hand annealing brass today. Put another switch to your main room lighting somewhere handy at or next to the bench. Meaning instead of a single switch at the door, make it a 3-way switch with a second switch at the bench.

Used to but also included cleaning fumes etc.

Also had an egress window, but winter also here might involve a space heater.

I intend to spray foam the whole thing. Will hafta be a fresh air inlet for the AC. There’s a small bathroom in one corner, there will be a vent fan in it.

Only time I’ve played with lead was for small qty
Made some experimental shot gun slugs one time.

We sprayfoamed our house. Very efficient, but what I learned—and wish the HVAC guy had known…ugh!!!…don’t get me started—was to undersize the heat pump so it runs more frequently. Otherwise, humidity will be high inside. That was an expensive fix.

Last edited:
We sprayfoamed our house. Very efficient, but what I learned—and wish the HVAC guy had known…ugh!!!…don’t get me started—was to undersize the heat pump so it runs more frequently. Otherwise, humidity will be high inside. That was an inexpensive fix.
Turn your fan only on and leave it run 24/7. That will keep all your rooms the same temperature and pull the humidity out of the house. 👍

I have mentioned lately that I’m in the middle of a new home build. It’s now actually nearing completion. Along with a the new home, comes a new shop, gun room, reloading facility. There was a time that I thought I knew all the answers and my way was always best. I’ve aged enough to realize that other folks have ideas and plans that MAY equal mine. 😉.
So id like the hammer brain trust to all talk about what y’all like and dislike about your current set up, and what you’d do differently.
I may have handicapped myself on size. I’ve set aside a. 12’x12’ room. This is for handloading only. Single stage press for precision rifle. Window on one end to shoot out of. This room will be for consumables storage, and handloading hardware, assembly line, only.
8’ ceiling.
I have found a 1/4 inch lip on my bench has paid for it's self many times over when I have spilled primers

I did spray foam insulation too! Bravo my man!
Had spray dude fog the ceiling black!IMG_3331.jpeg
Point of order tho! Mine is a pontification “area” as its flow attached with rest of shop! 😎
IMG_3333.jpeg
Yes, if you zoom in, Beth got roller skates 🛼 🙄

Last edited:
Back