Help me shrink my group size....

The 3.455 looks like it was really good with maybe a flier?
I studied that one but cant honestly call that one a flier. Its possible, the factory trigger on my xbolt is so different... there is zero play when cocked, its right up against its wall, and there is zero creep when pressed. Its 3.8lbs and just breaks with no feel. IIRC that was the second shot on that string and it felt good it just went there. It could be the other two were lucky.
I think I want to do a second coal test on either side of the .8/3.465" group to confirm.

I have a Triggertech in my 25-06 and its awesome but I set it around 4lbs. Not certain I want a super light trigger in my hunting rifles. I need to be able to shoot the same groups I hunt with.

I studied that one but cant honestly call that one a flier. Its possible, the factory trigger on my xbolt is so different... there is zero play when cocked, its right up against its wall, and there is zero creep when pressed. Its 3.8lbs and just breaks with no feel. IIRC that was the second shot on that string and it felt good it just went there. It could be the other two were lucky.
I think I want to do a second coal test on either side of the .8/3.465" group to confirm.
i still think I would shoot the 3.455 again and hope it was a flier or a slight pull.

i still think I would shoot the 3.455 again and hope it was a flier or a slight pull.
It could be worth repeating. Assuming the one is a flier I would not guess Id go from 1.5moa to what looks closer to ~.5moa in only .005" coal change.
But I'll shoot it again. I want to see whats on the other side of 3.465 and if it starts to open up again. Im looking for the center of the node. I also want to confirm repeatability, that it wasnt random luck.

I absolutely have to have gloves in cold weather or I wont be able to feel the gun let alone the trigger pull.
Ill have to see if I can find or modify some cheap gloves to let my finger poke thru.... that sounds weird. 😜

The gloves I use are thin enough and I do practice with them, so if I can hold moa with them im not going to worry too much.

Do you have a different scope you could throw on there? I have two VX5HD’s. Ones a firedot and one isn’t. I worked up a load with the non-firedot that was great load. I bought the firedot and put that on the rifle and couldn’t hold MOA for the life of me. Swapped back to the old scope and rifle was back to grouping like it should. I’m sending the firedot back to Leupold to get checked out.

Do you have a different scope you could throw on there? I have two VX5HD’s. Ones a firedot and one isn’t. I worked up a load with the non-firedot that was great load. I bought the firedot and put that on the rifle and couldn’t hold MOA for the life of me. Swapped back to the old scope and rifle was back to grouping like it should. I’m sending the firedot back to Leupold to get checked out.
I do have a spare scope but I dont think anythings wrong with my current scope, last range session held groups, I believe Im on the downhill side of this quest... plan to go back to my range to do one more seating depth test and select the best node and call it done. The rest of this summer will be spent out in the woods where I hunt practicing various shooting positions and ranges. Eventually I will work on the Grendels precision next.

Back