I've Been Bamboozled

Quintus

Well-Known Member​

JoinedApr 15, 2013Messages1,477
This wasn't just an elaborate scheme to finally get your hands on the mighty Creed and still save pride? What could you do, you had to give it a try, after all, it was gift? ;)
Seriously, what a great roast by folks that care! Awesome to have great friends! To those that sent the gift, well played!

johnb338

Well-Known Member​

JoinedApr 21, 2013Messages72Locationct
Bamboozled is the only word that I can think of that will express what I want to say and still consider myself a Christian ;)
Got back from a our snowmobile trip to find a package at the farm with Merry Christmas ButterBean wrote great big with a sharpie, I immediately asked my wife what she had done and I got the deer in the headlights look, long story short I open the box and find a rifle case with a rifle inside and a very nice note explaining how my friends knew that I was in denial so they figured they would help me out so they sent me a Needmoor .......................... Yeah that's right a **** Needmoor, They had my wife in on it but wouldn't tell her what it was because they knew she would never let it in the house, So with that being said and as much as I love all of you, Steve @RockyMtnMT , Brian, @Riceman, @farleg and @GLTaylor, It's now game on my friends, Game On

P.S. I'm still smiling from ear to ear
oh boy is this gonna be fun!😂😂😂

Attachments​

• Web capture_3-1-2022_11351_images2.gazzettaobjects.it.jpeg
    Web capture_3-1-2022_11351_images2.gazzettaobjects.it.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 48

[IMG alt="jessej"]https://www.longrangehunting.com/data/avatars/m/24/24557.jpg?1608845713[/IMG]

jessej

Well-Known Member​

LRH Supporter
JoinedApr 14, 2010Messages1,588LocationMisipi
When's the 1000 yard shoot out?
Why would one use up the barrel of a creed at 1000? Everyone knows it’s it’s just gettin settled at 1200 and really starts stackin them in at a mile…….

Bean, next time I’m in Indiana I’m gonna look you up.

Ol' Red

Well-Known Member​

LRH Supporter
JoinedNov 28, 2018Messages2,024LocationWyoming
Butterbean- You have got me to try some things that I would not have tried before. Crimp dies for all my calibers, STP for case lube Etc. Have not tried Hammer bullets yet, mostly because I have enough other bullets to last a few more years of loading. It will take a lot to sway me to new caliber. It might be like riding a Honda- it's fun until your buddy's see you doing it.

It is best to think before you speak. But sometimes I like to just speak, and be as surprised as those that hear me.

Calvin45

Well-Known Member​

JoinedApr 13, 2019Messages3,372LocationNipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada
Butterbean- You have got me to try some things that I would not have tried before. Crimp dies for all my calibers, STP for case lube Etc. Have not tried Hammer bullets yet, mostly because I have enough other bullets to last a few more years of loading. It will take a lot to sway me to new caliber. It might be like riding a Honda- it's fun until your buddy's see you doing it.
And the funny thing is no one I know feels any resentment towards the .243 Winnie. A more gutless cartridge than the 6.5 creed but it’s not claiming to reinvent anything, it’s old and boring, and for me most of all it isn’t being sold as something it’s not, it’s not claiming to dethrone .30 cals or 270s. I like my 243. It’s honest haha. I don’t plan to buy a 6.5 creed anytime soon BUT friends that buy you a rifle as a PRANK are true friends indeed! Congrats to @ButterBean, on the friends as much as the rifle.

Muddyboots

Well-Known Member​

LRH Supporter
JoinedFeb 7, 2013Messages6,665LocationMichigan
Since Santa delivered the rifle that will sprout a man bun, maybe if you are vocal about a scope that will make you wear skinny jeans the Easter Bunny will deliver 😀
BB in skinny jeans? That's an image that will haunt me tonight trying to sleep! To think I actually won a 6.5CM and sold it for my .270TH build.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety." Ben Franklin
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry

[IMG alt="Sealesniper"]https://www.longrangehunting.com/data/avatars/m/20/20769.jpg?1626261425[/IMG]

Sealesniper

Well-Known Member​

JoinedOct 14, 2009Messages2,113LocationEastern NC
If you guys are in the business of giving rifles away, I would be happy to send you my address. Anything but the needmore.

Enjoy the gun. Good friends are the best part of life.

When I die, I hope my wife does not sell my guns and gear for what I told her I paid for them.

Good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Anyime you are afraid to try something new.... Just remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

[IMG alt="Sealesniper"]https://www.longrangehunting.com/data/avatars/m/20/20769.jpg?1626261425[/IMG]

Sealesniper

Well-Known Member​

JoinedOct 14, 2009Messages2,113LocationEastern NC
BB, for your viewing pleasure and load development.

www.longrangehunting.com

Hammer Hunter 6.5 Creed load data?

I'm trying to get some velocity out of my new 124gr HH from a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor. Since this bullet is about the same length as my 140gr Berger's I'm running into a case capacity issue. Running RL-16 and cant get anymore shoved into the case. Never used a bullet this light and wondering if anyone...
www.longrangehunting.com
www.longrangehunting.com

When I die, I hope my wife does not sell my guns and gear for what I told her I paid for them.

Good judgement comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

Anyime you are afraid to try something new.... Just remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

[IMG alt="jessej"]https://www.longrangehunting.com/data/avatars/m/24/24557.jpg?1608845713[/IMG]

jessej

Well-Known Member​

LRH Supporter
JoinedApr 14, 2010Messages1,588LocationMisipi
And the funny thing is no one I know feels any resentment towards the .243 Winnie. A more gutless cartridge than the 6.5 creed but it’s not claiming to reinvent anything, it’s old and boring, and for me most of all it isn’t being sold as something it’s not, it’s not claiming to dethrone .30 cals or 270s. I like my 243. It’s honest haha. I don’t plan to buy a 6.5 creed anytime soon BUT friends that buy you a rifle as a PRANK are true friends indeed! Congrats to @ButterBean, on the friends as much as the rifle.
And we are the average of our 5 closest friends.

Calvin45

Well-Known Member​

JoinedApr 13, 2019Messages3,372LocationNipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada
If you guys are in the business of giving rifles away, I would be happy to send you my address. Anything but the needmore.

Enjoy the gun. Good friends are the best part of life.
If they send you a creed you don’t want I’ll take it off your hands!😃. I got nothing to prove haha…I’m a father of four and as such I drive a dodge minivan and it kills me to admit I’ve grown fond of it, it works!…I did at one point have long hair (though never the man bun) and wore skinny jeans in my college years haha…I like lattes almost as much as I like good black coffee…I like Guinness stout but have no reservations about those fruity IPAs…I like cake, I also like growing and eating ghost and scorpion peppers just to feel something…I enjoy chess and I enjoy full-tackle football…my favourite genres of music are extreme/death metal and good old fashioned gospel hymns. I like both ends of most spectrums haha, so it only makes sense that this .300 win mag “one gun for everything” fanatic (favourite cartridge ever) should “experiment” with that creedmoor someday…right?

Back