Need a Name?

Muddyboots

Staff member
So if my .270 700LA, 27" Light Palma, 1:8tw, 0.290 freebore with 156HH lasers out at close to 3300! It was named .270 Thors Hammer!

But, wait a minute! My first rifle I bought a 1968 Savage 110 with std throat Shaw 24" rebarrel few years ago is no slouch either. The 117HH at 3470 is also laser. What can I call it? Brother Thor?😂

Help me out Hammerheads!
IMG_2603.jpeg

You know what I was going to get all nasty with that 270 but since my New Year's resolution is to be a nice mellow friendly happy helpful friend I am going to refrain from telling everybody that I would have thought the 270s absolutely not worthy of shooting and there's no way that I would have two of them shooting 4 inch bullets at pedestrian velocities so I'm not going to say any of that. I would name them Skipper and Gilligan if I was going to be nasty this year.

I love this place

PS. I love my new 270 Savage it shoots really sweet and faster than his🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes those bullets🤔 Most of y'all don't know but muddyboots sent me a few of the 90 grainers for the 270. So I made a few pressure loads up and then went out and shot IMR4895 and Varget, winner winner chicken dinner was Varget. I had a few of his left so I decided that to pay homage to the BIG guy and his love of the 270. So I would load his bullets up and attempt to shoot something since he hasnt killed anything with the 90 Grainer yet. Zoom zoom.

I'm not quite sure if the tip is a special order or not🤔

Screenshot_20240101_093219_Photos.jpg

I love this place!!

In all seriousness y'all need to know what muddy knows personally, that this is all in jest I have nothing but the utmost respect for that gentleman h+ll I talk to him on the phone quite often and text with him numerous times every day. it's just damn that's a skinny ugly bullet. that being said I bought a 270 this year will finish the season with it and ReBarrel it. but just to let everybody know that there is actually nothing nefarious in my comments if I don't pick on you I don't like you yeah I'm that uncle👹 h+ll I'm getting my twin grandchildren duck calls for their birthday🤣🤣🤣

If he would ever take Ginger or Mary Anne out dancing we would find out if they were lethal or not.

This place is awesome

These are fun threads, Muddy!

Just off the toppa my head;

Given a brother 270 TH

270 Zeus Lightning

If you feel like paying Hommage to George and his love for velocity;

270 Greased Lightning would be good

Myself, I kinda like;

270 Point And Shoot

Back