Random Wildlife Photos

Morning Gl, prices are lower than last year.. 🤪 still not cheap though!
Paid $3.47 for red diesel, red diesel for those that may not understand why it is red. Is fuel that is dyed red for off road purposes, we don't pay alot of the taxes
(additional .50-.60 cents per gallon)for highway taxes and fees.
$4.36 for gas delivered.
Fertilizer no exact # yet but lower.

Last edited:
Saw the doe with fawn when I left Fri. morning. Came back for lunch and this was on the porch. She had to carry it 75 yds.

Attachments

• 70F18078-BB3C-40B8-BBC6-92C0D3844029.png
    70F18078-BB3C-40B8-BBC6-92C0D3844029.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
I put the fawn across the fence next to the thick stuff they frequent and haven’t seen either of them since.

20230604_102307.jpg
The local punk rock girl out with her kids. I don't have the photo chops of others here but I am striving to get better (s22 phone cam)

Its just a tcam photo, but im posting it because its from a cell cam about 40 yards behind my house, just inside the timber edge. When my phone chirped i ignored it because i was sitting here tapping tips into my 68gr hht on my coffee table. If id have just glanced up when my phone chirped id have seen him walking by.IMG_0224.JPG_115478997268395.jpeg

Theyre not really a problem. Usually. I did have one destroy my 3d targets twice, just a couple days apart. So much for my brand new inserts. And i went to a lot of effort to plant a bunch of chestnut trees up near the top of my property, and a bear ripped all the fences down and stomped them flat, after which the deer ate the trees. And occasionally they mess with my cameras. But aside from the occasional shenanigans like that, theyre harmless. I have more cougar activity here than bear, and sometimes wolves roll through. Been 3 instances i can think of over the years where the cougars were an issue between my place and my neighbors. But for the most part, these things arent a problem, and i enjoy having a full suite of wildlife here. Thats why i live where i do. If it bothered me, id move to the suburbs. The bears just mind their own business for the most part. Chased 3 out of my driveway this spring. Sow and a boar, then shortly after another boar following at a respectful distance id assume because he didnt want to tangle with the first boar.

Back