STOP IT! THIS VERY INSTANT!

Brad, Nice looking Enfield. Is it yours? If it is, I want to know where you got the butt pad. I have an Ishapore 2A1. The Ishapore is a variant of the Enfield made in India. There are two nice things about the Ishapore that that was able to get. First it had never been fired. Second it is in 7.62x51 NATO (308) instead of 303 British. It is fun to shoot.

Brad, Nice looking Enfield. Is it yours? If it is, I want to know where you got the butt pad. I have an Ishapore 2A1. The Ishapore is a variant of the Enfield made in India. There are two nice things about the Ishapore that that was able to get. First it had never been fired. Second it is in 7.62x51 NATO (308) instead of 303 British. It is fun to shoot.
Thank you, this Irish Blonde Contract No.4MK2 was bought unfired in the cosmo & wrapper back in 2010. I am the first to shoot outside the factory since 1954, so I know how awesome a feeling that is! I never thought I'd hear someone say they got an Ishapore unfired! I've only ever known those to look pretty used & abused! Man, congrats on that and the 308!

I still remember unwrapping this thing, disassembling, degreasing, stripping the stock, and refinishing the stock and all a giddy about it! I had to buy a front sight kit for it though, it requires the shortest sight in the kit and front sight pushed pretty far left. (I researched this left sight placement was a thing for the model)

The buttpad is an Etsy find. The company also sells on Amazon & Ebay. I'll have to look up the company later on today. They aren't expensive. LIke $30 maybe.

ETA: Tourbon
IMG_2932.jpeg

Last edited:
My Ishapore was in the paper wrapper and cosmo too. What a pain the butt cleaning it. My stock looks good but it needs to be refinished.

I also have one of the Ishapore 2A1 rifles in the safe, never been fired, any chance you would share your load\bullet? I am told they should not be fired with full power .308 load data, you have any advise?

I also have one of the Ishapore 2A1 rifles in the safe, never been fired, any chance you would share your load\bullet? I am told they should not be fired with full power .308 load data, you have any advise?
If you have a Hornady manual you can use the 308 WIN Service Rifle Data. Or download a few grains from regular published data. 308 WIN is hard to screw up.

Back