Team Hammer in Africa 2024

Steve Davis

Administrator
Staff member
Time has come, we are about ready to Hammer Africa 2024. This year the team comprises of me, my wife Jill, my son Tyler, our friend Jeff, our friends Shaun and Brenda. My son in laws parents. The Holtmeyer team is not going to make it for this one. They had a new member that was born last month that changed their plans. Not a bad thing, but we will miss having them there.

Weapons for this trip are as follows. I will bring a 500 Jeffery running 450gr Shock Hammers (load development on Wed) and 17 Hornet running 21gr Hammer Hunters. Jill will be bringing the 20" barreled 6.5 BeanMore running the 112gr Hammer HHT (load development on Wed). Tyler will be bringing his 300 wm running the 182gr Hammer HHT at 3330 fps and the 36 Nosler running a 242gr Hammer HHT prototype (load development on Wed). Jeff will bring his 30-06 running the 154gr Hammer HHT (load development on Wed). Shaun will be running 300 Wby with the 138gr Hammer HHT at a bit over 3600 fps. And Brenda is running the 270 Win with the 122gr Hammer HHT at 3300 fps. I think that is correct vel for the 270 win. Animals on the list for the team will be from cape buffalo down to meercat. Collectively about 30 animals is my guess for this trip.

I will try and keep this thread updated throughout the next month of getting ready for the trip and while we are there. I always have trouble posting while we are there. I'll get some rifle pics and load dope posted up in the next couple of days, for sure.

Time has come, we are about ready to Hammer Africa 2024. This year the team comprises of me, my wife Jill, my son Tyler, our friend Jeff, our friends Shaun and Brenda. My son in laws parents. The Holtmeyer team is not going to make it for this one. They had a new member that was born last month that changed their plans. Not a bad thing, but we will miss having them there.

Weapons for this trip are as follows. I will bring a 500 Jeffery running 450gr Shock Hammers (load development on Wed) and 17 Hornet running 21gr Hammer Hunters. Jill will be bringing the 20" barreled 6.5 BeanMore running the 112gr Hammer HHT (load development on Wed). Tyler will be bringing his 300 wm running the 182gr Hammer HHT at 3330 fps and the 36 Nosler running a 242gr Hammer HHT prototype (load development on Wed). Jeff will bring his 30-06 running the 154gr Hammer HHT (load development on Wed). Shaun will be running 300 Wby with the 138gr Hammer HHT at a bit over 3600 fps. And Brenda is running the 270 Win with the 122gr Hammer HHT at 3300 fps. I think that is correct vel for the 270 win. Animals on the list for the team will be from cape buffalo down to meercat. Collectively about 30 animals is my guess for this trip.

I will try and keep this thread updated throughout the next month of getting ready for the trip and while we are there. I always have trouble posting while we are there. I'll get some rifle pics and load dope posted up in the next couple of days, for sure.
That Tyler is a braver/crazier man than me!🤘

Nope. Couldn't find one that would work. We used the 500 Jeff in Ausie and it was not that bad. I will probably not shoot it from the bench. That doesn't sound fun. I'll shoot off the tripod or the sticks.
Anything in .50 should be a double LOL!

I remember Taylor writing (not ours) having a .600 double up on an elephant. A different experience on both ends.

Back