Winchester WLR

BFD

Hammer Time Executive member
Winchester had bad lots of primers around 2010ish or so. They will pinhole blow out the side of the primer as shown below. This got to be a problem every range session and I was loosing my mind trying to figure out what was going on. Loads under max, had 15 of these blown out between 308 and mainly 243AI.

If I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all. I’ve got 3 pitted bolt faces, thousand or more rounds loaded with potential bad primers…

IMG_9090.jpeg

Last edited:
Well that looks like ****.

Thanks for sharing.

I’ll store that away in the depths of my cobweb riddled brain for possible comparison to an over pressured blown primer.

On another primer note, buddy of mine called federal yesterday to ask about lrm primers and when/where they may be available.

Response was they’re only manufacturing primers for ammunition, none for retail sale until “things get back to normal”.

So don’t hold your breath for federal primers.

On another primer note, buddy of mine called federal yesterday to ask about lrm primers and when/where they may be available.

Response was they’re only manufacturing primers for ammunition, none for retail sale until “things get back to normal”.

So don’t hold your breath for federal primers.
Must be just large rifle stuff? I see pistol and SR primers frequently.
I can’t find LRMs anywhere. Traded some SPs to another Cub Scout dad who said he had LRMs. Haven’t seen them yet. 😡

Sorry for the tangential discussion, BFD. That truly sucks.

Must be just large rifle stuff? I see pistol and SR primers frequently.
I can’t find LRMs anywhere. Traded some SPs to another Cub Scout dad who said he had LRMs. Haven’t seen them yet. 😡

Sorry for the tangential discussion, BFD. That truly sucks.
Yes fed lrm.

I have some from around that era but I have not had any problems shooting them. I remember when I bought mine they were hard to come by but I found some at a small town sporting goods store. I hope I don't have issues like BFD.

I have some from around that era but I have not had any problems shooting them. I remember when I bought mine they were hard to come by but I found some at a small town sporting goods store. I hope I don't have issues like BFD.
My lot number: DEL 688G. It’s on the individual boxes

Do you mind posting Sharon's phone number or contact information. I've got thousands of primers made by Winchester. I've had issues with the large rifle magnums in the past using them in the rums.

Back