154hht

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday
Packing up @ my hunting property now & going to load up the 154 later today any thoughts on powder vrs the old 152hh or 150 ph vrs the 154 hht then come back for more meat later in week

Also What are most of you guys getting out of your win mags or like with this pill
I’m going to push this pill in my rum to see but I would like to know a reasonable number to work out impacts

308 &06 guys you lot will be fine as what I’m trying to figure out is where these hht settle on wounding as man they pop bigtime @3500 ( nose profile is doing this )

Stay tuned this is going to get nasty real nasty

Cheers

Realizing you likely have zero experience with the 138HHT, would you choose it over the 154HHT for us .308 and -06 shooters?
Sorry don’t have anything to offer in way of powders. Beginning to collect components for a WSM, but that is down the road a bit, so I will follow along to learn.

Farleg

With the powder options you have, I would say, first being h4350 and the second being Varget. I ran the same powder that I ran the 137s with, just ended up a grain or 2 lighter.

Show me what this sucker will do stoked out.
Say 3850ish🧐

💥🚀🔨☠️

Here's my 154HHT Load in my Tikka:

Gday
Thanks guys
joe 👍 h4350 topped out just over 3800 but settled for 3725 which just means I better hit them a bit further away for muddy & rich lol
Na all cool thanks guys I’ve got some loaded with h1000 for a good comparison on what’s happening as speed drops off & the sf still good enough out of my 11 twist as just over 1.5

Alan on the 308 &06 I am a little caught @ present as I’m hanging out for these 154 @ more moderate velocities & plan to hit some @sub 2500 ( sub 2000 if I can get my act together) to see what’s going on
This will give me a idea of where the 138 is potentially going to fit in

But on paper in those chamberings I think it has got enough potential to do some really nice work on a lot of critters as it’s still got enough of the balanced pill traits on what I’m seeing it for to work well & it will settle those wounds down from what I’m seeing with the rum
A13B15AF-7ADB-4BE2-A5EA-0FBFEBCD0464.jpegE810EE66-B6EA-4B0C-B2DB-103F17836D42.jpeg39837F46-F1B8-4509-8938-CEC9D59509A5.jpeg
BD73FC32-7A7D-4F7B-A4C1-F12CAB138134.png47592813-C402-42AC-99C9-F764687D32F7.jpeg

Got to run as looks like I’m putting my chef hat on lol ( rabbit wallaby duck & venison stir fry ) but the bar tender is one I’d rather 🤣

Cheers

Will be interesting as you shoot larger animals as far as penetration and damage as the mass gets larger. All those had to be bang flop?
on second look what the heck kind of beverage is that Mate? I don’t recall an offer, where are your manners ? 🧐😳😂😂😂😂🤝👍

Show me what this sucker will do stoked out.
Say 3850ish🧐
RUM
Lost primer at 3866 fps with the 154 HHT.
H4350 is that “magic” powder for the 124HH, but I don’t think it’s as perfect for the 154HHT. But I’m just starting development.
RL23 looked to be dependable in the low 3700s. I will be watching this for y’all’s info as you farther develop, and will continue to share mine. But my play time is very limited these days. So don’t expect a lot of info soon.

Last edited:
RUM
H4350 is that “magic” powder for the 124HH, but I don’t think it’s as perfect for the 154HHT. But I’m just starting development.
RL23 looked to be dependable in the low 3700s. I will be watching this for y’all’s info as you farther develop, and will continue to share mine. But my play time is very limited these days. So don’t expect a lot of info soon.
Gday Jessej rub salt into my wounds man I can’t get that powder over here 🤬 & I’ll need the better brass to get that velocity

Nice velocity I like that a lot
No worries waiting on your data to come as we are use to the Slovakian joe so yours will be a Russian to his

Oh Joe Howz your 🐌loads now 😜
Cheers

Will be interesting as you shoot larger animals as far as penetration and damage as the mass gets larger. All those had to be bang flop?
on second look what the heck kind of beverage is that Mate? I don’t recall an offer, where are your manners ? 🧐😳😂😂😂😂🤝👍

Gday reemtyj
Yes true on critter size & you can see the hht starting to settle somewhat as size increased in the doe
On that shot no cns was involved which then lead to this picture on these placed shots she didn’t move or thrash around so a bonus all round
4E020050-CB9E-4631-A910-CB60ADCCE6ED.jpeg
The beverage is one that some of us liken to mothers milk😜
The invitation is in the mail 😇
Cheers

JJ

3866 is smoking👍, back that down to 3820 holy crap 🚀 What firearm are you shooting it in?
Joe
Remington lss 26” rum.
Pet load cup n core is 150 grn accubond at 3800. So I really feel that with the proper powder, the 154 HHT would exceed that.

sorry. I’ve made a mistake. The lost primer at 3866 was in a 30-338 lapua UN improved. 24” bbl 12 twist.

The RUM is still in the 3700s, I have not reached the top yet with the 154HHT.

RUM
In my 300WM:

137HH: with 76gr XMR4350 was the mutt's nuts. (XMR burn rate"ish" of H4350)

154HHT:
80gr 7977 the top dog nuts for precision, velocity, and temp stability. The most temp stable powder I've tried. Discontinued tho...
78gr N165 the cat's meow, as it onboard with velocity and precision, but acts like any other powder in regards to temp swings
80gr H1000 gets honorable mention in that "it works". Precision not as consistent, slightly lower velocity, temp stability not as great as advertised.

With N165 I found my RL23 substitute. I'm thinking 8lbs jugs of N165 or RL23 when in stock.

BFD if you have time can you post velocity/ accuracy for those powders? Sounds extremely interesting!

Back