154hht

Gday guys whacking a few with the 154
Great data
Got a bit to do in skinning duties & examine these wounds
Will report when I can but once skinning is done I’m off to bed as these 20 plus hour days are sneaking up on me
Cheers

About time Rip Vanwinkle Dundee woke up, how long did he sleep?? Must have had too much of that “ mothers Milk “ they drink down under! 🍺🤝🍺👍😂😂🍺😉
Gday reemtyj
Sleep 😱3 hrs & I was ticking on these darn hht so no sleep & pestered the crap out of the hammer boys & got some more to digest a little more & eating crow is all I seem to do with these pills

I have a story on a siesta for another time 🤣

Let’s get the crow out the road first
The 154 is a nice pill & not behaved like I assumed it would under hyper impacts

More to come on that but got meat to sort now
Sorry
Cheers

Get some beauty sleep and we will sit on the edge of the seat with baited breath ( and some mothers milk ) waiting for your Louis Lamoure dissertation 🍺🍺🍺🤝🤝👍👍😳😂😂😂🤔😉

Gday guys
Well coight has been @ it 😱
Typed up a bit & mate rang sent him pics & back here & hey presto it was gone 🤬

So here we go round 2 🤣

This 154 exhibits more of a “controlled “ shapecharge eg not as violent as the 168 now it can still get pretty nasty on the little critters don’t worry about that but what you see on the bigger critters is the way it’s holding it’s pattern on the hyper velocities & gives me some hope for the 138

Here’s the best one imo with the 154
3500 impact hit her 3rd last rib & exited knee joint
way to far back yes totally take that on board & not the intention prior to the shot but crap does happen
So moving forward on that speed shows it’s ability to secure these very bad shots once we have had bad outcomes & just think of it as not like this situation but on the break of the trigger the animal steps forward & this impact position & angle occurs yes I’ve had that happen way to many times than I’d like but they do occur & hence why this outcome is the imo the best information

On impact she dropped & staggered 19 feet from impact for which I dispatched with a knife when got to her but she was nearly done as no struggle @all

To me that was a very good outcome from a less than ideal shot but not a lot of meat loss also & that surprised me
4 in entry on paunch 2&1/2 in exit out of paunch hit knee joint on exiting & turned that to raw sugar like consistency of the bone
Yes that shank was still screaming @around 15 in penertration &12 in of paunch with a lot of very dense grass ( more than normally we see in the deer in our area )

Another good one was a approx 2500 impact & bangflop from a well below the spine shot on top of the heart & I’ll discuss the moose like froth @ a latter date with regard to the hht we saw on these critters

I’ll have to attach pics later as internet sux @ moment & I can’t attach sorry

Cheers

I bet even after you cook it, it jumps around on your plate! 🤔😳😂 I bet when Russy poo Coight eats enough of that he looks like a Mexican jumping bean- energizer bunny- you get the photo! on a serious note look forward to more dissertation on bullet reaction to Aussie animal flesh! Carry on Mr. Coight, at some point some one has to do a biography on you, that would be very, very interesting👍🤝🍺🇺🇸

I bet even after you cook it, it jumps around on your plate! 🤔😳😂 I bet when Russy poo Coight eats enough of that he looks like a Mexican jumping bean- energizer bunny- you get the photo! on a serious note look forward to more dissertation on bullet reaction to Aussie animal flesh! Carry on Mr. Coight, at some point some one has to do a biography on you, that would be very, very interesting👍🤝🍺🇺🇸
I had to chase his crazy a$$ up a hill just to catch him and get the rifle back from him to shoot a Roo this year🥵 You have no idea how close you are in your descriptions.5*

This place is awesome

💥🚀🔨🦘☠️

Farleg - Thanks for the good report on the Roo, and that meat looks good! It is making the 154 look good! I'll be loading up some 138HHTs today, and I am hoping to take a doe next weekend with it. Sometimes I think we have too much fun on the forum.

Gday guys
Well coight has been @ it 😱
Typed up a bit & mate rang sent him pics & back here & hey presto it was gone 🤬

So here we go round 2 🤣

This 154 exhibits more of a “controlled “ shapecharge eg not as violent as the 168 now it can still get pretty nasty on the little critters don’t worry about that but what you see on the bigger critters is the way it’s holding it’s pattern on the hyper velocities & gives me some hope for the 138

Here’s the best one imo with the 154
3500 impact hit her 3rd last rib & exited knee joint
way to far back yes totally take that on board & not the intention prior to the shot but crap does happen
So moving forward on that speed shows it’s ability to secure these very bad shots once we have had bad outcomes & just think of it as not like this situation but on the break of the trigger the animal steps forward & this impact position & angle occurs yes I’ve had that happen way to many times than I’d like but they do occur & hence why this outcome is the imo the best information

On impact she dropped & staggered 19 feet from impact for which I dispatched with a knife when got to her but she was nearly done as no struggle @all

To me that was a very good outcome from a less than ideal shot but not a lot of meat loss also & that surprised me
4 in entry on paunch 2&1/2 in exit out of paunch hit knee joint on exiting & turned that to raw sugar like consistency of the bone
Yes that shank was still screaming @around 15 in penertration &12 in of paunch with a lot of very dense grass ( more than normally we see in the deer in our area )

Another good one was a approx 2500 impact & bangflop from a well below the spine shot on top of the heart & I’ll discuss the moose like froth @ a latter date with regard to the hht we saw on these critters

I’ll have to attach pics later as internet sux @ moment & I can’t attach sorry

Cheers
You shooting women now…? I can’t seem to decipher what “she” is in reference to.

I bet that kangaroo meat is tuff.
Gday Jessej
The roo meat can be tough & a lot is species dependent or age / sex of the critter so I’m very picky

On the whole our forestor kangaroo is fine meat & tender as buggery if you pick the younger ones
Our Bennett wallaby on the whole are some extremely good table fare & no hesitation in shooting one & in a pan within 5-10 minutes of being shot that melt in your mouth

Our fallow deer can also be unreal or not even dog food as joe has tasted both ways these things come & the good ones of our Bennett or fallow are among the finest meat I’ve ever had the pleasure to eat but I’ve ate some that my old boots look like they would eat better lol
Cheers

Farleg - Thanks for the good report on the Roo, and that meat looks good! It is making the 154 look good! I'll be loading up some 138HHTs today, and I am hoping to take a doe next weekend with it. Sometimes I think we have too much fun on the forum.

Gday Les
I look forward to that & very interested on where you end up vrs the 137

🤞on a doe & if it does come watch the entry side for a idea of what some of these hht are doing & that’s busting ribs away from main wound channel ( temporary wound cavity ) & I hope the 138 exhibits this trait now it’s not showing all the time due to certain angles but it’s one that’s showing up more than the other styles
I’ll post pictures of what I mean once I get them sorted what is what I’m there appropriate folders

Yes fun is what is the name of the game & im so happy to have been able to spend a bit more time with rusty & without his help as my retrieval dog I just wouldn’t have got this data so a huge thankyou goes to him

Cheers

Back