210 gr 338 HHT

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday
A lot of interest in this pill so thought a quick update so you can all get your orders in with Steve before he heads to Africa ๐Ÿ˜œ

Side note tell Steve Fordy said your taking orders ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ

This pill has ticked some boxes that are pretty cool

The upgraded hp size is one that Is helping this pill no doubt & worth the wait imo ( but itโ€™s not only the tip )

So far we have tested as low as we will test to & that is 1610 impact on very minimal resistance & if anyone wants to go any lower itโ€™s solely upto them but highly recommend testing to confirm that the pill still works by opening & shedding
I still would stay to the hammerboys recommended 1700
From that 1610 impact your seeing the wound channel still give a fairly good wound but the parting of layers of meat or hide from meat has disappeared pretty well
Once you get to that 2000 plus impacts on various resistances your getting the level of impacts I like to use & personally stay above ( regardless of pill design here or brand ) but thatโ€™s me & this pill is one that still killed with some good results & meplat shows us that here & we have failed to catch a shank on this pill so far but it will come & the meplat will be then truely known once multiple caught

The next line on this pill seems to be 2700 to the 3k max we impacted @ but Iโ€™m sure it will carry it somewhat further than this with equaling great results so 3200/3300 Iโ€™d love to see but we havenโ€™t got the means to get that far

Overall extremely happy with this pill leaves the 205 ph for dead across the board & the best pill Iโ€™ve seen for consistency across the velocity spectrum of 1600 to 3k impacts on any of the 338 line

got To run & update my other data on critters
Tally over 250 critters & still loving the thought of what next ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

kneedeep is the chief knife sharpener
Joe the water boy & rusty the bartender guru

Iโ€™ll comeback when I can & kneedeep will be along no doubt to share his thoughts on this pill

No proof read sorry & attach pics @ a later date

Cheers

JesseJ, what speed did you get the 210 sciroccos going? I peaked out with the 213hh at 3442 fps in my 338 RUM with imr7828ssc, H4350 was 3374 fps in a 26โ€ barrel! Kneedeep recommended I go with H4350 as it is more temperature stable. I am looking forward to putting one into the boiler room of a big Brownie this spring!

Thanks for the update Farleg. So you shot over 250 critters with this 210 HHT prototype? Thatโ€™s a good amount of data.

Iโ€™ll try a few powders when I get the bullets. Right now Iโ€™m running a 200 gr Afterburner at 3200 FPS with R26. My barrel is only 23โ€ though.

Beeman, my opinion and guess, we all are a part page or a 1/2 chapter, maybe, of bullet knowledge at best, Mr. Coight is a fricking encyclopedia!!!! You realize, Kneedeep told me, he shot a few thousands of animals in control work in one year!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ Holy Hannah, he forgot more than I knowโ€ฆ..that is why I ask him his opinion! Thank you Brett and crew for all the work you do to help make a better bullet! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Beeman, my opinion and guess, we all are a part page or a 1/2 chapter, maybe, of bullet knowledge at best, Mr. Coight is a fricking encyclopedia!!!! You realize, Kneedeep told me, he shot 11,000 animals in control work in one year!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ Holy Hannah, he forgot more than I knowโ€ฆ..that is why I ask him his opinion! Thank you Brett and crew for all the work you do to help make a better bullet! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘
You sir, are absolutely right! Heโ€™s forgot more about bullets than purt neer every other shooter will ever know. A lot ofem combined.

Buts thereโ€™s more to this.
People/companies, are generally emotionally invested/attached to their ideas. To the point that even if itโ€™s not a good idea or itโ€™s an inferior product, they still want it sooo bad that they fail to see obvious avenues of improvement for the product and fail to recognize far more efficient/effective methods for completion.
If we look at projectile manufacturing, Iโ€™d say that the goals of MOST, are to build a pill that out sells the competition. Only making further developments/improvements as their market share decreases due to a competitor stumbling upon a better idea, or a competitor spending and extra 10 mil on marketing. Oftentimes the improvement is only perceived and not actual. (Heat shield)

From my observations, Brian n Steve, actually, want to make the best performing pills that can possibly be made. And are eager to make improvements as soon as they figure out how. Keep it up guys. Stick to your principles.

Beeman, my opinion and guess, we all are a part page or a 1/2 chapter, maybe, of bullet knowledge at best, Mr. Coight is a fricking encyclopedia!!!! You realize, Kneedeep told me, he shot 11,000 animals in control work in one year!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ Holy Hannah, he forgot more than I knowโ€ฆ..that is why I ask him his opinion! Thank you Brett and crew for all the work you do to help make a better bullet! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ‘
Couldnโ€™t agree more. Thatโ€™s exactly why I always want Farlegs experience with a bullet I choose. Especially if I havenโ€™t seen it tested. Hard to do much testing here in Manitoba after the last few severe winters. We can only shoot one whitetail a year. Itโ€™s actually quite sad how low the population of deer is.

Back