210 gr 338 HHT

When do we get to see this bullet? Two weeks ago, I ordered a reamer for a 338 RCM rifle.
I love mine!! Feeds like butter and the 205 PH really fits nicely. Killing Force (may have to paten that) is serious! I need to fine tune and chronograph but will be going to the 210HHT's if a hunt needs this rifle. Mine has a 24'' proof lite which must have been special order at some time.

We are told the tip mold will be ready next week. Crossing fingers that the tip dimensions come in exactly as we need so that there is no modifications needed. My 242gr 36 Nosler bullets are load developed and sitting here waiting for tips.

Tease us with a few details on performance.
Sorry if you already have and I missed it.
Got it done today. Running 242gr HHT at 3075 fps with 82gr of rl15.5. Tried several powders and all of them hit pressure about the 3100 ish fps mark. I am anxious to get the tips and try and stretch it out to long range to see how it does. Shooting about as well as I can aim with a 6x scope at 100y. Shooting sub moa. That was after getting trounced by the 500 Jeff.

Got it done today. Running 242gr HHT at 3075 fps with 82gr of rl15.5. Tried several powders and all of them hit pressure about the 3100 ish fps mark. I am anxious to get the tips and try and stretch it out to long range to see how it does. Shooting about as well as I can aim with a 6x scope at 100y. Shooting sub moa. That was after getting trounced by the 500 Jeff.
That will be a killin machine

Well Thank you Riceman, my guess is we will get those babies humming 300-400 fps faster than that 338wm, in my 338 RUM, should enhance that shock/damage bubble considerably! Also the penetration factor. So We wait with baited breath! 👍🤝🍺🇺🇸💪👌

Come on Mr. Coight, more info and explanation, don’t leave us hanging! I didn’t realize Steve and Brian moved their equipment to Tas-dam-mania????? 🤔😳🤨😳😉 You ol Rascal!
Gday reemtyj 🤣🤔
Broadly The bigger the calibre the easier it is to see what’s going on but the bigbores are also some of the hardest to tune so what we did was to settle for tinkering with the 338 as it’s fairly easy to see the difference & watching what occurred gives us insight into the pills behaviour under certain resistances & potentially a bit of refinement

The key to this hht line is still the tip but it’s also important on the Marrying of it to the pill hence Alex’s lathe work
Combining that to the hammer alloy is one that ticks a lot of boxes as I’ve done a lot of this with other brands , some you can’t as style doesn’t allow & why we are so lucky as we can with hammers & then it’s even better by having the hammerboys & this forum that has allowed us to think outside the box & push boundaries
Not all my thoughts & theories as I’m blessed to rub shoulders with some incredible people here that are pretty darn good @ thinking outside the box

On the 338 210 we did get what we were after & was it better 🤔no I don’t think so but without doing this you never know if a pill can be better as when you get good pills it’s harder to get those improvements as usually people settle on it’s ok where it does have a couple subtle areas of room for improvement & that is what we we’re trying to achieve

To the newcomers this is nothing I personally look @ differently than any other pill or brand but I have been lucky to find a group that good is never good enough & openly continue to push that
When I do exactly the same thing with other brands I get labeled & by some pretty narrow minded individuals that imo don’t have a clue on the depth involved in terminals & it becomes apparent when you either talk to them or read what they put up ( they parrot & look @ one dimension) & today I don’t bother with those

Yes we are a lucky bunch here to push the boundaries for better pills tomorrow
It’s no individual it’s a group effort & overall without the hammerboys we wouldn’t have what we have today & the alloy they found is extremely impressive/important oh they aren’t to bad on thoughts /theories either 🤣

Got to run
pills to load & critters to cut up cheers

Back