270 WSM vs 300 WSM vs .243 Win

You are correct sir. I recind my comment I don’t see any 1:8 for 243 in the tikka. Weatherby is chambering 243 and 240 weatherby in the 307 now in 1-7.5
You had me excited for a min. Thought I'd missed an option when I was looking at them. 1-10 is plenty for what I'm planning to do with the kids. If I need more horse power I'll rebarrel and run a bigger case. I'm kicking around having a 6 UM reamer run into a 243 Tikka barrel for myself.

Kris

You had me excited for a min. Thought I'd missed an option when I was looking at them. 1-10 is plenty for what I'm planning to do with the kids. If I need more horse power I'll rebarrel and run a bigger case. I'm kicking around having a 6 UM reamer run into a 243 Tikka barrel for myself.

Kris
Holy rip I bet that will fry a barrel in a hurry. I’ve been reading on rokslide alot and tikka and 1-8 is posted so much I thought it was 243 too lol

Holy rip I bet that will fry a barrel in a hurry. I’ve been reading on rokslide alot and tikka and 1-8 is posted so much I thought it was 243 too lol
UM says they will convert the 243 factory barrel for me just not going to guarantee the accuracy. I totally understand that. I think the barrel will have much better life shooting hammers than the Nose Ring DTac bullets those guys are running.

I love to tinker so this would be a fun little experiment.

Kris

Kris
At risk of sounding ignorant what is the 6 UM?

Case size and/or capacity, how does it compare to 6.5prc case?
They have quite a lot of info about it on Rokslide. Ryan one of the owners
of Rokslide biult the first one. I think he's on his 3rd now. Pretty impressive kills with it on elk at long range.

Kris

C22

If you're going to only Chase varmints the 22 Creedmoor will do everything you want to do and a whole lot cheaper.

Jm2cw

💥🚀🔨☠️

C22

If you're going to only Chase varmints the 22 Creedmoor will do everything you want to do and a whole lot cheaper.

Jm2cw

💥🚀🔨☠️
My wheels are turning along the lines of how to make my 243 better, or maybe restock it for my wife and eventually daughters to use, and build me a bigger better one, a one rifle for everything situation, if I need a gun to smash stuff in thick bush or close range there’s always the 30-30 or 12ga slugs

My wheels are turning along the lines of how to make my 243 better, or maybe restock it for my wife and eventually daughters to use, and build me a bigger better one, a one rifle for everything situation, if I need a gun to smash stuff in thick bush or close range there’s always the 30-30 or 12ga slugs
If you don't want to go full send with the 243 and turn it into a 6 UM then think about a 243 AI. You use the same brass and basically fire form it as you shoot it. Supposed to add a little more poop to the 243 win.
I figured if I'm going to pay for another reamer job on a factory barrel I might as well just go all the way. Sourcing brass for the 6 UM will be the most difficult but they are working on head stamped brass for it.
The reamer is an open design that anyone can get from JGS

Kris

I’ve thought of all those… ultimately not going to do anything for a little while yet, just spinning the wheels, the ai is the easiest but the prc and 284 would have brass and die options without too much trouble.

You are correct sir. I recind my comment I don’t see any 1:8 for 243 in the tikka. Weatherby is chambering 243 and 240 weatherby in the 307 now in 1-7.5
I was digging around looking at Tikka web page today and found something interesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223-081053_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231223-081053_Brave.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20231223-081046_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231223-081046_Brave.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 12
Back