270 WSM vs 300 WSM vs .243 Win

Is another source.

300 WSM can also be loaded down to 308 levels for recoil sensitive shooters. I'd choose a 300 WSM, but I'm never going to stand in anyone's way of buying a new rifle! Someone suggested letting your wife decide what caliber she wanted, and that sounds like a recipe for success to me!

300 WSM can also be loaded down to 308 levels for recoil sensitive shooters. I'd choose a 300 WSM, but I'm never going to stand in anyone's way of buying a new rifle! Someone suggested letting your wife decide what caliber she wanted, and that sounds like a recipe for success to me!
She wants a 300 wsm. She had a vanguard years ago. We both disliked it so much we sold it. Only gun we have ever sold. It wasn't the cartridge it was the vanguard. Total POS.
I killed my second largest whitetail ever with it.

Kris

Ti Pro is from the Rokslide store, or found on Unknown Munitions website. UM makes it.
Isn't it made by Salmon River Solutions? Thinking that is where I ordered the one on my 30-28 Nosler and had them customize it. They were really helpful getting it matched to my threads and barrel size.

Kris

Ti pro isn't ringing a bell. Can you fill me in with a bit more info?
The TiPro brakes are made by Salmon River Solutions. I have the 5 port on my 338 RUM. Tames the recoil very well. I’d say my 338 has less recoil than my 300 win mag with a Holland brake. If you are ok with using a brake I highly recommend the TiPro brakes.

She wants a 300 wsm. She had a vanguard years ago. We both disliked it so much we sold it. Only gun we have ever sold. It wasn't the cartridge it was the vanguard. Total POS.
I killed my second largest whitetail ever with it.

Kris
I bought a Savage 110 Ultralight in 300WSM. It is light. It has a very nice PROOF research carbon barrel. The stock is adjustable to length and comb height with inserts. I'm not totally happy with the brake I put on it, so would definitely go with the recommendation from Beeman. I'm amazed at how it tames the kick. I would say it at least deserves a good look.

I’d be getting a 243 for sure. Remington and tikka are 1:8 twist now so you can run some very nice weight hammers for larger animals such as elk.

Back