Barrel cleaning regularity?

Gday guys

Ok let’s sort this out lol
1700 rounds ticked over now & no internal barrel clean & believe it I did clean the outside sometime ago & I used sweets as man alive some crap was hard to get off the muzzle did get a bit of attention but nothing internal
View attachment 5569
yep you lot worry to much 😜

remember this group
View attachment 5570

I know get back in my hole 🤣🤣
Cheers
First barrel I ever saw Rhino Lined!

Yeh, since seeing Farleg's muzzle picture, I've been cleaning my rifles non-stop, trying to erase the image from my mind.o_O
Gday LBH
Oh man will I have a picture for you soon 🤣🤣🤣

The thing that I would like to point out is I’ve never seen a rifle or should say rifles
That have shown that a cleaning schedule can be pushed way out from what I use to do as accuracy’s became a issue with other brands& had to clean

Yep Hammers have ultimately pushed this window out a LOT further than was once the case
Totally agree this is pushing boundaries but it’s cool to know

just ticked over 1900 rounds now & still no clean 😱
Last night 200 shots 7 misses & I believe they were my fault not a accuracy issue ,
Shots were 4 to 250ish yards & all M O A of wallaby 😇 & a lot of little wallaby @ present around the 3-4 pound mark a few brushtail possums in the mix also

I’m going out tonight & try to get to the 2000 mark & then the muzzle break will be fitted tomorrow 🤞
Oh Alex is going to have a pink fit tomorrow for sure

I’ll do a group to see how it’s grouping after 2000 shots ✅✅ if I get to that mark tonight

Cheers

Gday LBH
Oh man will I have a picture for you soon 🤣🤣🤣

The thing that I would like to point out is I’ve never seen a rifle or should say rifles
That have shown that a cleaning schedule can be pushed way out from what I use to do as accuracy’s became a issue with other brands& had to clean

Yep Hammers have ultimately pushed this window out a LOT further than was once the case
Totally agree this is pushing boundaries but it’s cool to know

just ticked over 1900 rounds now & still no clean 😱
Last night 200 shots 7 misses & I believe they were my fault not a accuracy issue ,
Shots were 4 to 250ish yards & all M O A of wallaby 😇 & a lot of little wallaby @ present around the 3-4 pound mark a few brushtail possums in the mix also

I’m going out tonight & try to get to the 2000 mark & then the muzzle break will be fitted tomorrow 🤞
Oh Alex is going to have a pink fit tomorrow for sure

I’ll do a group to see how it’s grouping after 2000 shots ✅✅ if I get to that mark tonight

Cheers
You (and your rifles) are a gem Farleg!
Most of us only dream of even a fraction of your "live" trigger time.
What cartridge is that filthy "one hole wonder"?
Happy shooting mate!

You (and your rifles) are a gem Farleg!
Most of us only dream of even a fraction of your "live" trigger time.
What cartridge is that filthy "one hole wonder"?
Happy shooting mate!
Gday LBH
Thanks for the kind words

I still enjoy those nights although they are hard on my body these days but overall a chore & I only skun 2 for the dogs rest were put in a pit or bush 😢
I would like to utilise but just not a possibility for me these days but lately I’ve been back giggling again while popping the wallaby with a little more pressure than normal on a pill modification/addition that makes a Berger or eld look like a fmj 😱😱I’ll take a video tonight of a few but get ready it pops them well @3k I’m going to increase that tonight to around 3800
Oh yeah bring back the splat factor
The varmit hammer pills hmmmm

That barrel / muzzle is my beanmore & I set it basically up for the kids to shoot on my property but I guess the secrets out now I’m just a big kid lol as they haven’t shot it yet
the muzzle break to come is to really tone that down to a ***** cat for the kids as to me if they get comfortable behind that & still have a combo that’s got some authority behind it & that’s going to allow them to consecrate on the critter not the recoil
( muzzle blast I’ve also seen mess some kids up so going to be interesting on how this one goes but in the beanmore that shouldn’t be to bad 🤞)

I’ll post pics of that barrel when it’s done

Cheers

Gday LBH
Thanks for the kind words

I still enjoy those nights although they are hard on my body these days but overall a chore & I only skun 2 for the dogs rest were put in a pit or bush 😢
I would like to utilise but just not a possibility for me these days but lately I’ve been back giggling again while popping the wallaby with a little more pressure than normal on a pill modification/addition that makes a Berger or eld look like a fmj 😱😱I’ll take a video tonight of a few but get ready it pops them well @3k I’m going to increase that tonight to around 3800
Oh yeah bring back the splat factor
The varmit hammer pills hmmmm

That barrel / muzzle is my beanmore & I set it basically up for the kids to shoot on my property but I guess the secrets out now I’m just a big kid lol as they haven’t shot it yet
the muzzle break to come is to really tone that down to a ***** cat for the kids as to me if they get comfortable behind that & still have a combo that’s got some authority behind it & that’s going to allow them to consecrate on the critter not the recoil
( muzzle blast I’ve also seen mess some kids up so going to be interesting on how this one goes but in the beanmore that shouldn’t be to bad 🤞)

I’ll post pics of that barrel when it’s done

Cheers
Love me some Beanmore!
The kids will love it too.

I can't stop laughing over the thought of shooting 200x in one night at 96.5% hits!!! OMG! No wonder your back and knees are getting older than you!

I bet 99% of "hunters" don't shoot 200x in 10 years! Plus bet their hit ratio is not 96.5%!!

@Farleg = the extreme is the norm!
That's the biggest understatement I've heard all year*****

He's awesome too*****

And I've yet to figure out what part of The King's English he uses*****

Joe

Gday
Ok ticked over the 2 k mark with no cleaning 😱 & muzzle breaks going on in a few hrs 🤩
Oh I can here Alex already on this barrel condition 🤣

Shot a few different pills last night working out a few more things also got a bit of splat factor 😜

this morning shot a group & concentrated as hard as I can to shoot ( believe me I struggle doing this as I get lazy & my mind wonders ) the following group to give a idea of the possibility of effected group size
DCE17CCC-D0C8-401C-8633-6EBED456530F.jpeg

I’m still happy as was seen the last 2 nights the rifle will still out shoot me

This is extreme I know between cleans & one ea person has to decide on their personal limits

I am in the camp to many people worry about a clean barrel not all as some disciplines require it

Jm2cw
Cheers

Absolutely amazing. I'm dumbfounded🤯.
Have you only shot Hammers through it (in the majority?)?
Gday GL
Only hammers so far but will have others down the tube once I get organised & the rest of my pills arrive

Here’s one that may also get a few ticking

The barrel break in period is one that may get a few 😱
Yep my break in method on the beanmore has been just over 2 k of rounds 🤔🤪

It has the muzzle break on now so should be right for another 2000 😜🤣

I’ll report on state of barrel later got to run
Cheers

Gday
Here’s a update with this rifle after returning from Alex with muzzle break attached

I do love sako optilox but
I adjusted my scope finally but was no need in all reality but seeing I’m having this about to go into kids hands I didn’t want to mess them up by saying aim a 1 in to left on a wallaby head etc
( I’ve learned from those mistakes I made on my eldest son )

So here’s the target
8CFB43A8-5977-4F6B-B8DD-0F8FE4308E63.jpeg
& I’ll say yes a clean has helped it but once again no need in all reality for field use on a group position BUT a pressure curve you can definitely watch things increase from the original loads

This is from the carbon build up
& roughly around the 1000 round count you could see a bit of difference & that’s in brass life to the subtle pressure signs starting to show ( so for the guys that run high preformance loads I would not recommend pushing much past here between cleans but also individual rifles will vary )
By 1500 ish these became more noticeable
&2000 it’s definitely noticeable

Now this barrel still hasn’t had the copper fouling removed only the carbon was taken out & bronze brush needed to loosen the carbon up
Special note the bad carbon buildup was roughly4 to 6 in in front of the case & the muzzle last inch was also bad
& that bad I mean we couldn’t get a patch through we needed the brush for a few times to loosen it up enough to get a patch through

Then the sight in was done re target above & I didn’t dare put a 3rd shot into the group as I will only make it worse not better but once again I see no value in shooting a third or 5th shot group as in the field if you ain’t got it done in 2 your in trouble anyway

So been a interesting project & one I’m roughly going to personally settle around the 500 mark for cleaning carbon but Cooper 🤷‍♂️ will just keep going till that becomes a issue

varget & h4350 we’re the main 2 powders used on those 2000 rounds

Cheers

Fordy,
Couldn't quite make out your notes on the carton.
Are the upper 1 or 2 (?) Groups before cleaning, and the 2 touching (below) after cleaning?

Fordy,
Couldn't quite make out your notes on the carton.
Are the upper 1 or 2 (?) Groups before cleaning, and the 2 touching (below) after cleaning?
Gday gl
Should have checked sorry

Try this one
DA06BED7-213E-48C0-B964-5CF95E51F38B.jpeg
Shot sequence
Number 1
first shot out of barrel after muzzle break installed & cleaned 😜80hht fireform load

Number 2
73gr hht around 4 k ish fps no scope adjustment

Number 3
85hh @ 3700 & 3clicks to left prior to shot

Number 4&5
85 hh @3700 &2 clicks to left prior to shots & I wasn’t game to shoot a third shot as guarantee it wouldn’t have improved 😎

The red square was group prior to the muzzle break going on & cleaning the carbon somewhat out
Cheers

Back