Berara B-14 hunter in 270 win.

fired 5 rounds of 110hh and 58 and 59 gr of ramshot hunter powder, just getting on paper and looking for pressure, was adjusting the scope after every shot except the last 2 which were almost touching at 100 yds. I feel like will need a cheek rest on this stock and ordered a victor universal titan cheek rest, the same one I use on my ruger american predator 6.5cm. will tape it on there first to see what it feels like on this rifle. It seems that with my disabilities I have to modify alot of things. may even need some of god'a grip sorbothane grip material on the front of my grip.

fired 5 rounds of 110hh and 58 and 59 gr of ramshot hunter powder, just getting on paper and looking for pressure, was adjusting the scope after every shot except the last 2 which were almost touching at 100 yds. I feel like will need a cheek rest on this stock and ordered a victor universal titan cheek rest, the same one I use on my ruger american predator 6.5cm. will tape it on there first to see what it feels like on this rifle. It seems that with my disabilities I have to modify alot of things. may even need some of god'a grip sorbothane grip material on the front of my grip.
Still huntin’ though! Good man!🤘

That Bergara is a fine rifle. I've been thinking of buying one to build off of. I have a 270 load somewhere with 110 hammers I'm going to hunt up for you.

Regards

Finally found it but for the life of me I can't find where I recorded the velocity. I know it was getting out there. Probably in the 3500 plus range.

110 Hammer Hunter
63.5 gr Ramshot Hunter
WLR primer / Peterson brass
1/8 crimp in top groove

thanks ya'll for the encouragement and load info. I do have a brick of winchester primers, maybe need to try them with this 270 seeing as they are supposed to be a touch hotter than the cci200's. all lrp.

Ok, I wanted to take the barrel action out of the stock anyway, and the magazine is much easier to measure when ya get it out. I am getting 3.678 length inside the magazine. thats a long action 270 win rifle bergara b-14 hunter with the internal magazine with the trap door on the bottom.

I have also been looking at bergara for a new rifle I just waiting on the new b14 squared version to hit the shelve so I can decide on the model I want It's new for this year and was shown at shot show.

I really like this gun, the action to me is perfect, really smooth right out of the box, and its got a little weight which I like for shooting off the bog pod bipod out hunting. I put a TT primary trigger in it also.

took the 5 fired cases and they dropped flush inside the lyman cartridge checker so they didnt expand alot, also no marks or scratches on the cases, that chamber must really be smooth. starline brass. the cci200's were getting kinda flat with 58 and 59gr of hunter. no chrono yet.

Congratulations on the Bergara. I was speaking with a gunsmith who was impressed with the quality or value of Bergara rifles.i ended up with another Tikka for different reasons.

Bergara are available here and are a Remington clone so after market accessory range is huge.

There is a Bergara Rimfire barreled action available that would fit into my Rem 700 Varmint stock that is collecting dust, Hmm.

Bergara makes the barrels for the CVA Scouts. Maybe that is why they are so accurate. Sure it is a single shot, but for less than a grand you can get an accurate rifle with a good scope. Can't say that about too many set-ups.

update on my b14 hunter model 270 win. 24" barrel. I am very happy with this rifle but I made the mistake of putting it into a stock that ended up being too heavy for my crippled butt to deal with while deer hunting so I just recently put it back into it's original stock, and also took the larger meopta scope off and put a new meopta optika5 2-10x42 with duplex on it and sighted it in.

So now we have a few weeks left of deer hunting and we will see how that goes, have passed on does and 2 bucks so far that were 16 inchers as everyone that helps me with a deer kill has been real busy lately so. it's getting down to the wire though. Have been shooting this 270 win. lately with the 117hh bullet with 57.1 gr. h4350, crimped in first valley up front and it shoots real good even with the original stock. the gun is somewhere around 9 pounds now with the original stock and the more compact meopta scope which is still 21 ounces they say, but hey it's german glass for 300 bucks with the sale they going now, got it at euro optics in penn. will keep ya'll posted.

So now we have a few weeks left of deer hunting and we will see how that goes, have passed on does and 2 bucks so far that were 16 inchers as everyone that helps me with a deer kill has been real busy lately so. it's getting down to the wire though. Have been shooting this 270 win. lately with the 117hh bullet with 57.1 gr. h4350, crimped in first valley up front and it shoots real good even with the original stock. the gun is somewhere around 9 pounds now with the original stock and the more compact meopta scope which is still 21 ounces they say, but hey it's german glass for 300 bucks with the sale they going now, got it at euro optics in penn. will keep ya'll posted.
See ounds like a good compromise. I like the zoom range on that scope.
Good luck and after you have bagged that Buck, Filled that Tag let us know how it went and update us on the scope please.

thanks guys for the support. I normally don't go above 10 power with a scope while hunting regardless of it's power capabilities so these last two meopta's of 2-10x42 dont create any difficulties for me . I took a chance of getting the model without the paralax adjustment and liked it so much I ordered another one. the center of the duplex is the thinnest of any of my scopes but the glass is good enough to use it hunting on fields up until legal shooting time is over. hunting in the woods it may be a little too thin later in the evening. being disabled I cant walk in the woods anymore and hunt the fields so it is perfect. meopta buys the german schott glass from schott and cuts, grinds , polishes and coats the lenses theirselves in the czeck republic I'm told, this is where the money is saved.

well I had trouble getting around this season with my bergara weighing 11 pounds, so I put the original stock back on it and went to a meopta 2-10x42 scope witch is still 20 oz or so, and ended up with around 9 lbs total. Had an issue with not being able to get up off my hunting chair one evening and had to call the wife who came to the rescue and backed her truck tailgate right up to me. this is why I stay on the fields, lol anyway that episode messed with my head enough that I didnt go much anymore after that. It wasnt the guns fault. I think a lighter scope and mounts may be the next move for it. have bough a couple bushnell 3500 and 3200 elite scopes lately, japan made .

oh, the update on the meopta optika5 2-10x42 scopes, I bought 2 of them and they are great, I feel they are as good as the 3-15x44 and also the 4-20x50 in the same series, and they are shorter and so more compact. thin duplex reticle allows very precise aiming. I got that reticle on all 4 of these scopes as I dont hunt in the woods so the thin reticle works great in the open.

I have one of these optika 5 meoptas in 4-20x50 on my ruger american predator in 6.5cm and this rifle is lighter and so the whole rig is alot easier for me to tote. I just went too heavy with my rifle choice this year is all. the bergara is a wonderful rifle though. am thinking about the new ruger american gen2 in a short action caliber and 20 inch barrel, I held one at the lgs and it felt great, and short and light. 6.5cm, 308 win and 7-08.

Back