Berara B-14 hunter in 270 win.

I like the rifles Bergara puts out. I have had at least 10 over the last decade. 2 I've loaned to friends only to get checks back! The B14's are heavy and not something you want to lug up and down canyons, that's for sure. My latest one is their Mg lite, around 6 pounds, with a carbon fiber barrel and a tack driver in .308 Win.. I also topped mine with a Meopta scope from their ZD series. It's very hard to beat the clarity, repeatability, function, and price of anything Meopta puts out.

Hello still huntin, thanks for bringing your story to this Forum about your new rifle. I think those rifles will serve you and any other hunter very well. You picked a great cartridge as well. I really like the 270 Winchester. It was one of my first rifles I purchased as a new hunter, that was back is 1974.
So, congratulations on your new rifle, I sure it will serve you well.
I'll be praying for you and your health issues; hopefully you get on the right path, start feeling better.
Take care.

Thanks to you all this site has a special place in my heart, and this hobby of rifles and hunting deer around here gives me something to do and makes me happy. right now am looking at a few lightweight and shorter rifles, maybe 20" barrel and 6.3 lbs without scope and maybe go with a lightweight scope. my old ruger american predator in 6.5 will work too with a lighter scope, the wife is finally getting the idea that she likes rifle hunting also, and its looking like she is giving me the green light to get her a rifle. Am eyeballing the new ruger american standard rifle with 20" barrel, they call it the generation2. the wife and her neice who is 17 went quite a few times hunting this season and they sat in elevated box blinds and did get a couple does, with a gun I supplied with the 6.5cm round and 85hh bullets. thanks to all of you here.

Just bought a B-14 carbon HMR in 7mm PRC. Very impressed so far. The only thing I don’t like so far is that the safety feels cheap. Will probably change out the trigger assembly one day.

Love the Bergara B14 Hunter model too. Bedded well, free-floated, good trigger or easy TT replacement. I've had several, all I've had done ever had done was a skim bedding on the action, and replace the trigger. Shot my last cow elk with one in 300WM/175 LRX.

My little Kimber 84L Classic in .270 loves the 110gr TTSX, 110 Sierra PH. (Hunter powder) Lots of 270 users around here (Utah) and many I've asked have always picked/used a 110gr of some flavor for mule deer, and even elk. Funny thing, I have owned 13 .270's through the years, shot them like crazy, but never hunted with them much. Now that I think about it, several "Tag Soup" hunts, ha I hope they haven't jinxed me!

Back