Building a New Bolt gun any suggestion on caliber was thinking about 6mm creedmore 22DPC ,6.5 CREEDMORE

So, what is the primary purpose of this build? Are you building a paper puncher or a hunting rifle? I like Mountainman's suggestions. How about a nice 308 Winchester?

22 creed with 74 hht’s is just nasty.

Attachments

• 233AF160-9B39-4C02-827F-9F6AA404F2A5.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 15
  • 46AC6D1D-AC7E-4BD9-B8BE-E064275DF13F.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 06713079-27CF-4249-AF3A-A241439819B1.jpeg
    06713079-27CF-4249-AF3A-A241439819B1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
I know you have your 7mm preference and I still think 7mm is the sweet spot. 7mmB.M.
Hi CBH, Yes I have been thinking about a 7mm Beanmore or a 7mm Mashburn Super Beanmore, by changing the neck angle and l would have to put the idea before the Beanmore creaters and see what other adjustments they would recommend/require to carry the Beanmore tag, an interesting thought.
🐢.

I just ordered an 18" Proof in 7mm. It's getting screwed to a 307 short action and going in an MDT folding chassis stock. Easy button here is 7-08. Ive heard rumor that Sherman has something coming for the standard bolt face. Or we could get a 7mm BeanMore reamer.
Hi Steve, would the 7mm Beanmore have a belted Magnum case? The study l've done, concluded that the 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum is a far superior design than the 7mm Rem Mag, wondering if we crossed the Mashburn with the Beanmore???
Would appreciate your thoughts on this,
Regards
Graham 🐢

Hi Steve, would the 7mm Beanmore have a belted Magnum case? The study l've done, concluded that the 7mm Mashburn Super Magnum is a far superior design than the 7mm Rem Mag, wondering if we crossed the Mashburn with the Beanmore???
Regards
Graham 🐢

7mm Mashburn Super Beanmore sure sounds cool.

I really like my 7mm-08 and the 7mm-08 improved is out there.

Regards
Graham 🐢
I don't have a magnum bolt face to work with.

Or you can look at Rich Sherman's wildcats. The MAX is an improved SAUM case. The MEGA is another slightly larger case, or the Sherman MAG which is a 300 PRC Improved case.
He has ADG brass and dies for all😄

Is there dies readily available for the SAW? Is it worth the effort?
I think there are dies available.
An Aussie business were stocking brass while back.

Back